*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161505-A-Letter-To-My-Past-Self
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #2161505
A brief letter to the younger me. Something I think everyone needs to hear.
         If I were to write a letter to my past self it would be short and sweet. Starting with something upbeat because I know what it’s like going through situations you wish you never experienced. I know what it’s like to feel your heart being torn from your chest and ripped apart, I know how it feels to be let down again and again and yet expect something to change. I know that dull sickening pain in your stomach after the person you loved broke your heart - I know how to get through it all. But you don’t. You are struggling and gasping for air in the vacuum packed place you call life, some days you don’t even feel like getting out of bed. Who would be waiting for you to awaken anyway? You are so young, so naïve, you don’t know what wonders are beyond your reach. You don’t believe in yourself – you think you are a massive joke with no one to lean on or talk to. But you’re wrong. There are so many people who care about you, so many that want to be there for you, to hold your hand and dry your tears. You need to pull yourself from your stupor and wake up, climb from your comfortable bed restraints and embrace life. It’s only beginning – you don’t want to miss a single moment.
© Copyright 2018 Lizmiserables (lizmiserables at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2161505-A-Letter-To-My-Past-Self