*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160871-All-beauty
by MissyT
Rated: E · Article · Experience · #2160871
Look for the inner beauty
Growing up , I would ask my mom if I was pretty. Her response was always the same, if you do as good as you look it will be fine. For the longest time, I just thought mom was skirting around the issue and I wasn't pretty. I went thru high school thinking I was fat as a size 12. It was hard on my confidence. It only occured to me as I had kids of my own what my mother meant. She wasn't telling me I was ugly, she was telling me to make the inside pretty too. Because you could be the most beautiful person but if you have a ugly heart it doesn't matter. So as my boys are growing up I make sure they understand beauty comes in all sizes. That they should look for a beautiful heart to go with the face. Looks fade, but kindness, sweetness and all the other good qualities will never go away.

Also, just because someone is not a size 2 doesn't make them someone you avoid. Some of the most beautiful women in the world are plus size and have flaws that are visible and nonvisible.

Look inward and always remember if they do as good as they look , it will be fine.



When I had Lillie, I was over the moon. I had this beautiful little girl who was the icing on my cake. Now at age 12, she has been told a million times she is beautiful, she know she is a pretty girl. I have instilled , I hope , a confidence that will continue thru her teen years. She also knows that even though she is pretty, there are other things just as important. Being kind to others, helping people out. I am proud to say she is all that, she is growing up to realize that friendships are important being kind is the best.

Sam made me proud the other day talking about girls, he said looks are not the most important thing mom. You always told us that and with that one statement my heart was full.
© Copyright 2018 MissyT (mthomps at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2160871-All-beauty