*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158277-Glass
by Naru
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #2158277
A girl reflects on her most recent events
The young girl gazed up at the starry sky. Her long, flowing black hair moved ever so slightly in the gentle breeze. Despite such a calm and peaceful night, the girl was anything but that. At least, internally. Her heart was in shambles. She was confused, hurt, upset and the empty feeling kept creeping up on her.

What was the point anymore the girl wondered? Her eyes glistening with unshed tears. Why did she bother trying to make friends if she was going to be so easily deserted or discover the ugly truths that hid beneath their kind exterior? It wasn’t just one mistake, no, it was more than once. A constant, repeating mistake. She choose this, didn’t she? To abandon the toxic, cruel person disguised as a crying, sweet baby.

But, in the end, the girl feels like everything fell apart. She did not want to join back to that former ally. No, instead what she feared was losing the friends she thought were hers. But, it seems like the test of time is proving much too strong for them. Even though the time met and spent were short. Far shorter than her true group of friends. 8 years, she recalls even with her starting to fail memory.

She recalls fights, sorrow, anger and at some point resentment. Her emotions are hazardous right now. Her body also turning against her. Pain. Intense pain from both her captors and her would-be friends. The girl’s body and soul feel like it’s shattering. Piece by piece. How many friends has she lost the bond to? The girl can only recall four for certain. 3 in unsurity and any other assumptions only due to the sands of time.

The girl was close, the girl was tempted. The girl almost gave in to the temptation. The sweet, dangerous temptation to reduce her pain in such a destructive but almost blissful action. But, she couldn’t. Whether it’s lack of resources or lack of will or even force from someone else the girl did not carve into herself. She remained, almost pristine. A subject, an experiment, a bounty, a queen or was she? She didn’t know who she was sometimes. Who is this sad, sorrowful girl who constantly feels like a failure? The girl couldn’t tell anymore. Wouldn’t tell anymore. It was the only way she could remain sane in the remains of this world, of this place.

How long has she been here? Who knows. She certainly didn’t know. Maybe they were right, she didn’t know anything or learn anything at all, did she? She didn’t.

But, in the end, it doesn’t even matter to her.
© Copyright 2018 Naru (oniyuri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2158277-Glass