*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155903-Neon-Haze
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #2155903
Two friends meet in a bar and decide to get into trouble.
Michael walked into the bar.
A heavy barrage of thick smog-like smoke hit his face as he inhaled it into his lungs. Looking through the grey haze he spotted a familiar face lit by a purple neon cocktail sign on the far side of the bar.
'Purple looks good on you.' Michael said as he approached the empty stool 'Suits you quite well actually.' he sniggered as he sat down. A glass of whiskey slid down the bar into his hand.
'Anything to attract the ladies, you know me.' said Clive as he took a sip of gin.
'Women, what women?' Michael looked around the room 'I only see hairy bikers and women I'd class as men with the way they act.'
Clive chuckled 'You'll be surprised. I bet you I could pull one of them by the end of the night.' Clive extended his hand to Michael. 'Do we have a deal?' Michael offered his hand to Clive and shook without hesitation.
'You're on. I've got to see this.' Michael said shaking his head.
'Bottoms up.' Clive insisted.
The pair grabbed their spirit's and downed them in an instant. Clive stood up and stretched, his once purple shirt that reflected the neon light turned a hazy grey in the thick smoke.
'Musty grey,' Michael scrunched his mouth 'not your colour.' he said as he looked at Clive with a smile on his face and a shake of his head.




There will be more to come when I get time!
© Copyright 2018 Ross S. J. Lacey (r.s.j.lacey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155903-Neon-Haze