*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155822-A-recent-cab-ride
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #2155822
Why I write some of what I write based on recent events.

I’ve been in the dumps lately over some people from my past and when that happens, I always feel a mixture of sadness and rage. The sadness is natural; once upon a time there was a very special person in your life and now they’re gone. You’re lonely for them, you wish they were close, you relive the time you were together and in a way, wish things could have somehow been different.
The rage comes from recalling some of the things which other people did during this time which may not have been malicious or intentionally cruel, really didn’t help matters.
I bring this up because a few weeks ago, I took a cab ride to a counselor’s appointment and I got to talking to the driver about various subjects and I mentioned why I had the blues. She mentioned that she had lost her first love to leukemia and she knew a little of how I felt.
(Hopefully, all of my old crushes are still with us).
I know that nobody seems to care about this, but I have been told by a forum editor that I seem to be more in touch with my words when I write about loneliness and lost love, there are times when it’s all I write or think about. Sorry about that.
Maybe this is why I write things like this.
© Copyright 2018 Steve Joos (874-3150 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2155822-A-recent-cab-ride