*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152875-Can-You-Help-Me
by Paul
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2152875
An old woman who's confused...
Can You Help Me?


"Can you help me?.
"I'll sure try, what's up?"
"Do you know where it is?"
"What?"
"...uhh, I'm not sure, but I think I left it around here..."
"What was it?"
"...umm, it had something to do with...uhh, something about my...dang it, it was important too...Can you help me?"
"Why don't you sit here with me for a few minutes and think about it. Maybe that'll help you remember it. Your purse maybe?"
"No, I left it at...somewhere...not here...uhh..."
"Yes mam, just sit here in the shade with me. It's hot in the sun and this bench is comfortably shady. I like to sit here and watch the children playing. All of mine are grown and gone. Do you have children?"
"Oh, gosh yes...uhh...he and I...uhh...had five, or was it nine. Sometimes it escapes me."
"Yes mam. That looks like a night gown you have on, where do you live?"
"...ohh...around here somewhere...down that street...or is it that one..."
"Yes mam, can I get you something cool to drink, the cart has juice and soda that's as cold as arctic snow."
"Ohh, that would be lovely young man. You remind me of my great grandson...uhh...Stev...no, Dav...oh, fiddle, it's on the tip of my tou...Can you help me?"
"Yes mam. You sit right here and I'll get some delicious orange juice, be right back. Just sit here in the shade."
"Thank you young man. You remind me of..."
"Hi, give me two orange juices please, and keep an eye on her while I make a 911 call."
"Right."
"Hi, I'm in Rigg's park by the juice cart and my grandmother got out again. She’s very confused...this is Daniel...yeah, I'll wait with her."


© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152875-Can-You-Help-Me