*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152489-The-view
by RJ
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #2152489
A story from top
I occupy a central position in this house, whenever any one is tired, exhausted they look upto me for relief and succour. I have seen the man and the woman start their life as a married couple, i have seen the shy lady of the house mature into a nurturing mother, i have seen the reckless young man who used blow smoke towards me become a mature family man, have seen his long locks of hair, i was the first to see the little bald patch on his head when it first peeped out of his mop if hair. I have seen his taut muscular body slowly change into a mass of fat, skin and bones, i hv seen the baby crawl in the house. There was a great excitement when the baby started to crawl i my self held pink balloons for the baby and it was squealing with happiness. I saw the baby when it first started walking on his own two legs. As time went on i saw less of the and woman and more of the baby and the care taker. The baby grew into a fine young man. Actually thats when the trouble started, when he grew into a fine young man. I saw the violent outbursts of the boy when hus father scolded him for something. I saw him and his friends roll a paper and burn it and they kept blowing smoke rings at me. I saw him Snorting something off the table with his nose, he always made me. Stop when he ws doing it. The cute young baby had grown into a disturbed young man. He looked sleep deprived, dark circles beneath his eyes, thin and frail,. One day in one of those numerous arguments with his father he hit his father. The father and the mother cried that day. They cried the whole.night. The next day some. People came and took the boy away, he was kicking and screaming when they carried him away. I didn't see him for a long time. The man and his wife continued with their life though it was no longer the same without their boy.

One day the door opened and there he stood. He was looking healthy, he was clean shaven, there were no dark circles, and in fact he had put on some. Weight. I was so happy that day. The father and mother were overjoyed to see their kid.

He had sobered down i could see that, for a long time i Didnt see any fights or arguments, they seemed happy that they were all together.

When the father came to me snd he used to come every week i saw his face closely it had nine of the disappointment that i was used to seeing in his face, he was content.

Byt something was wrong i had seen the guy, when he ws alone, he looked quite restless as if he desperately wants something but is unable to get it. He was always at home, he wasnt allowed to go out.

On that day he looked desperate, walking restlessly about the room..

He then came towards me with a rope in his hand, he put the rope around the hook above me. He then tied the other end of the rope to his neck and jumped off. I was struck aside by his weight but the hook held on, i could see his arms and legs moving violently. And then after what seemed like a very long time the movement stopped, the boy was hanging their by his neck. I had not seen anything like this.

I have lived very closely with humans, but i have failed to understand them. The world of humans as we see it is different from the world they live in. Each inhabits the visible world but they live most of their lives in their own imaginary world, which they create in their heads

What sweet dreams or nightmares they create in their heads, they live out their lives believing it.

The visible world is truth, but humans spend their life believing a lie which they themselves create

Its simpler for me, i just rotate and shower you with much needed breeze inside your house. I, THE ceiling fan have met a human death today


© Copyright 2018 RJ (raghuttam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152489-The-view