*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152242-The-Frightening-Journey-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Novella · Action/Adventure · #2152242
Our character speaking through his "Journal" is at the start of his Frightening Journey.
I arose from a deep sleep to the sound of rain drops on my roof. I heard the chirps of birds singing they're good morning song to me. As I went to shut my window the sun peaked through the clouds. This sign gave me a profound impact to set forth and start my day. Soon after I walked out the door the sun disappeared behind a grey curtain. Instead of getting down I decided to continue on with stroll.

I heard the faint sound of thunder rumbling in the distance. There was something about the sound that made me want to keep walking. I do not know why I continued on but I may as well. I approached the valley that is near my home. In my head I knew the rain would come back and be worse than before and yet for some reason I continued on.

Soon I reached the peaceful river and decided to go down to the edge. As I approached I cracking thunder clap caused me to stumble forward into the water. Following the great blast of thunder was a grand down pour. The river began to get violent pushing me out further from the edge. Soon the sweeping current sent me down the raging river. I knew there was a waterfall ahead but there was no way I could stop myself with this strong current. Soon I watched the water before me vanish down this waterfall. The storm seemed to intensify as I was about to make my descent I knew that I would possibly die. I took my deep breath and got ready for the descent...
© Copyright 2018 Charles Smith (smittycle7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2152242-The-Frightening-Journey-Chapter-1