*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149336-Caught
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2149336
Flash Fiction
Caught

“Somebody must have snuck in during the night.” Randy said as they looked around the ransacked room.

“Could they still be here?” Gram whispered.

“Probably not,” Randy said. “Missy wouldn’t be so calm if there was a stranger here, would she?” he added, looking at the cat.

“You’re right,” she said. “What do you suppose they were looking for?”

“Probably electronics, video games, stuff they could sell.”

“Did they get any of your valuable stuff?”

“No. It’s all in my closet. Good thing I only take my games out when I’m using them. He must have missed em...”

“Lucky! I always thought you played those games everyday... Anyway, why do you think the burglar made such a mess? It looks like he was even eating in here, those dirty dishes...”

“I guess burglars get hungry too... And, I had just cleaned this whole room yesterday, you know, when you told me to!”

“Randy, I know you did it.” Gram said quietly. “You didn’t clean your room like I told you to. This morning you realized I’d check, so you messed stuff up to support this robbery story. Number one, you’re grounded, and number two, you’re a terrible liar!”

“Ah Gram,” Randy said, then, “Are you going to tell Mom?”

“Not if you clean this room immediately.”

Randy got busy.

Later, when Randy’s Mom came home from work, she came in and gave him a big lecture about lying to his grandmother. He immediately got grounded again.

“Gram!” he yelled later when he saw her, “you said you wouldn’t tell Mom!”

“Well,” Gram said, “Number one, I happen to be a much better liar than you. And number two, maybe I’ll give you some pointers later... IF, you promise never to lie to me again.”

“You got a deal!” Randy smiled.
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149336-Caught