*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149315-Swamp-girl-passing
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #2149315
A short story of life depicted in an Aboriginal fantasy
She emerged from the pond in the swamp, glistening with green weed across her black body. Her bright white eyes and beaming smile beneath her black hair, filled the air as the sun dawned back on her with its warmth.

And her form became human, as she walked forward through the water onto the bank, and her being grew to be that of a woman.

She stood momentarily in rebirth, and the placentas of green weed fell to the ground, and there she stood under the sky of the gathering day. A woman.

And a man appeared from the trees, equally bare. Burnished under the sun, he turned the palm of his outstretched hand toward hers. And she responded with her palm on his.

And their palms merged, and their arms, their bodies, their form became one, and they dissolved to be one with the forest and all that surrounded them. The stars, the moon, the sky, the sun. All things.

And children played where they had once stood. In a timeless place. And they ran, laughed and leapt into the pond.
© Copyright 2018 MightyWhitey (mightywhitey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2149315-Swamp-girl-passing