*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148555-I-Live-There
by Paul
Rated: E · Fiction · Ghost · #2148555
A few ghosts never hurt anyone.
I live above a two-hundred seat live theater I own and it makes for some interesting living.

Two different stage companies use the theater so the stage is lit three weeks out of five, Wednesday through Saturday two shows and a Sunday matinee. It does pay all the bills and give me a couple coins to jingle together.

I'm an actor and I love live intimate stage. I like getting into the audience, doing a slow walk looking them in the eyes and talking to each person.

*****
"Where are Ella, Kate Mag, Lizzie and Edith, The tender heart, the simple soul, the loud the proud, the happy one?"

(shaking head), "I don't know."

A reply during a performance of Spoon River and I almost laughed.
*****

. . . What bloody man is that? He can report, as seemeth by his plight, of the revolt the newest state . . .

"Okay, Reggie, the stage is dark."

. . . what? . . . oh, yeah . . . no audience . . .

"That's right. See you tomorrow."

. . . They met me in the day of success: and I have learned by the perfectest report, they hav...

"Okay Gloria, I just told Reggie the stage is dark, no audience."

. . . but thats my two-hundred fifty word monologue and...

"Tomorrow night Gloria?"

. . . Okay . . . they met me in the day of success: and...

Every theater has ghosts, some like mine many. I lie on the stage when it's dark and listen and talk to them. I've brought others here to listen, but none have heard. One of my female friends got very intimate on stage one night and we received a very nice round of applause which only I heard.

Some think I'm weird, but a lot come here to hang out.

I enjoy my ghosts. They're actors too, what's not to enjoy?
© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148555-I-Live-There