*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148016-Derailed
by Annwid
Rated: E · Chapter · Drama · #2148016
Prologue A father greives over his dieng son
Prologue

Many occasions stand out in our minds drawing us back to a specific time of when it occurred and that was the case for Johnathan Grimes as he stood looking down at the unconscious body of his son whom he had not seem in over ten years.

After being air lifted to the critical care unit of Chicago Medical Center and fresh out of surgery, his eldest son Scott was lying in a hospital bed and in the fight for his life.

Maybe it was his rise to power or maybe it was just him in general, but what ever the case Johnathan was at a place in his life that he was forced to look at what his life had become.

Looking back now, he had a pretty good idea of when he was shunned. His memory took him back to a time he remembered so vividly well. A day Johnathan would never forget. After an argument broke out between himself and his son, Scott he stormed off in a fit of rage promising to leave and to never come back. Thinking Scott just needed some time to calm down he let him go but when he walked into his sons office, he was saddened to only to find his keys, his shares to the Manor, and all of Scott's credit cards laying on top of the desk. There was no note and no goodbye. At first, Johnathan thought it would be best for Scott to blow off some steam and, in time he would return but he never did and over the years it crushed him. A sadness came over him as he realized the truth of his son's words on that dreadful day. "Ill never, ever speak to you again." He really did hate him that much and Johnathan wished he knew why.

Mourning silently, Johnathan searched his mind for answers. How could he have gotten it so wrong? He knew the boy was angry with him and he swore to never speak to his father again but to walk out of his life with just the clothes on his back was astonishing. Johnathan Didn't think that Scott would do such a thing. Johnathan waited day after day for return of his son that never came. He made mistakes in the past that he knew, and would be the first to admit it but he didn't deserve to be abandoned and wondered what he could do to make things right.

Johnathan's light brown hair fell into his sad brown eyes as as he lowered his head close to his son and whispered, "Where have you been all this time?" Staring down at Scott he noticed how much he had grown since the last time he saw him. His features had become harder, more defined then they had been at the tender age of twenty three. He had become a large man, larger then he remembered. He looked physically strong, muscular. His large body almost to big for the hospital bed he was lying. Curiosity got the best of Johnathan and carefully he lifted the sheets that lightly draped across Scott's chest. His huge bicep's and broad chest clearly showed that Scott was a powerful man. He wondered what Scott did to produce such a strong body and why? He tried to remember a time when he saw his son going to the gym or even going for a walk but couldn't think of one. Johnathan began to worry that maybe Scott was protecting himself from someone or who was he trying to protect? Maybe that's what landed him in the hospital? Was he running from someone and wondered if he would ever know the truth.Saddened, and in a moment of weakness, Johnathan allow his fingers to gently caress his son's cheek. It felt so good to touch him. Too good and he quickly pulled his hand away not wanting to cross over that threshold, just yet.

Now that Scott was home, Johnathan prayed that his son would recover from his injuries and could one day forgive him, inviting Johnathan back into his life. Just to have all his three sons under one roof again made him look forward to the future. With his hands collapsed behind his back and feeling hopeful, he looked down at Scott and smiled, unaware of the dark clouds that gathered above him as events in the near future threatened to destroy him.
© Copyright 2018 Annwid (annwid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2148016-Derailed