*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146857-Dear-Me--2018-entry
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #2146857
Letter to myself about 2018: goals, hopes, dreams
Dear Me,
You have a big year ahead: Final year of grad school, 600 hours of internship at the therapeutic riding center, your senior art exhibit, thesis paper presentation and finally graduation with a Master’s of Arts in Art Therapy in December. I know you are counting down the days until you can turn in your urology nurse cap for a palette and paintbrush for good! Just think: It’s been 34 years since you graduated from nursing school and you’re about to start a second career!

And that is only the school related events: How precious to anticipate the graduation of your youngest son with a Bachelor’s in Music in May, then July will be joyous as your second son marries the sweetest girl he could have found and your eldest son and his wife welcome a new baby, your fourth grandbaby!

So many joy-filled, and potentially stressful events are ahead this year. How will you navigate it?

I know you’ve struggled with anxiety and depression in the past, but you’ve learned tools to guide you through the exciting whitewater rafting times you’ll experience this year!

This would be a great time to use your to-do lists as you organize the school, work, and home tasks. Don't overlook time to nourish your spirit: daily personal quiet time with a focus on reading the Word, and preparing for the day, followed up with scheduled creativity time (your spirit dries up when you don't nurture the muse, it suppresses the spark of the Creative in you).

How will you measure your progress, you ask? What about the lovely journal Barb gave you for your birthday? You could a tally of how many days each week you've kept on track with personal time, creative time. And, just to add a challenge, if this habit catches on you could add 3-4 days a week of physical activity. It sure would feel great to fit into that cute little blue sundress you bought last year by the time of the wedding!

You have a passion for animals and art and helping others. You know, the internship at the equine therapy barn is heaven sent. It marries art therapy and horses in a beautiful life-giving combination. Be mindful of the gift this internship is and open your mind and heart to see, hear, feel art therapy in action.

Finally, feed the flame of your dream to bring art therapy to the therapeutic riding barn you volunteer at once you graduate. Dreams come true. You must put legs to the dream and go through the doors as they open to you, yes, and sometimes you must knock, knock, knock at those doors to get them to open. Never give up!

You’ve heard it before and you’ll not forget: He is faithful to complete a good work in you…

sincerely,
Deb

472 words
© Copyright 2018 iluvhorses (debmach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2146857-Dear-Me--2018-entry