*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143294-The-Darkness
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #2143294
I felt inspired last night :) enjoy!
The dark is a terrifying odd place, all your fears, worries, and thoughts in one place. Constantly being dragged into the darkness how tragic it is being surrounded by everything you're scared of. Monsters roaming around waiting for you to make a move, either running away or attack back against them. It is thoughts that consume you on a daily basis draining all the energy out of you and leaves you emotionless and frail. Always on the lookout for monsters, every day seeing if you will ever run into them. -- Freeze don't move. The monster is right behind you, starting to chase you, what do you do? Every human instinct is run, you run so fast you don't know which way or what do at this point knowing you can't go running forever. You try looking back but refrain yourself from doing so knowing if you did, the monster knows you're afraid of it.-- Unfreeze, continue to the bright side; the bright side a suspicious side of hell and heaven, as it represents heaven you think nothing will go on here, your safe, but you're wrong. Some angels were the devil disguised as an angel but dressed as if they were pure as an innocent person with no wrongs in their doing. You trust the "angel", befriend them, but as time passes the devil slowly removes its costume and shows the true colors it holds, slowly it consumes your mind and soul. Angels can be traitors too if they are influenced by the devils mad words, suddenly your trapped in a box shrinking down making you feel closed inside not being able to share your emotions... time passes again you're on the floor, darkness surrounds you, you realize there was no real happy safe place to shelter in. Sadness shoots you right in the heart and takes over you. You're back in the dark. The last place you would want to be, you return back. You start hearing things, voices taunting you, memories floating around in circles, the main monster who haunts you comes closer in contact but starts multiplying but in different forms, sizes, and shapes of creatures that were odd. The more monsters that popped up, the more everything became repeated and scarier. The darkness has consumed you officially, you try finding a light or a door to the light to escape but everything you touched disappeared or destroyed by a single touch. You no longer have strength or hope to keep going, you're on your hands and knees now crawling, trying to push through, you look up there is a tunnel with the brightest light you have ever seen, you find a ladder so you climb quickly to reach the top but the ladder is forever; never ending. You look up to see how much you have left but as soon as you did, the monsters look at you, gives you a smile with their rotten teeth and disturbing breath and they close the door to the tunnel. You fall to the ground, seeing nothing but darkness around you, you give up with no motivation to keep going, you lay down, close your eyes and get put asleep by your own fears that consumed your lifeless body that once was filled with life and happiness, is no longer there.
© Copyright 2017 therandomwriter (marislj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2143294-The-Darkness