*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142836-Whistle-While-You-Work
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2142836
The answer to a messy house...
"It's only been three months since she left and just look at this place!" Grumpy scowled. The beds were unmade, the windows were streaked with dirt, and dishes littered the counters and floors.

Bashful kicked a dirty sock, sending it rolling under the kitchen table, "Well, shucks! We ain't got time fer cleanin' with all them diamonds to mine!"

"Perhaps we could make a list of chores and get this place back in order. We could whistle while we work!" Happy suggested with a grin.

Six long beards swayed back and forth as the friends shook their heads in disgust.

"Then again..." Happy shrugged and laughed.

Doc swiped a finger at a smudge of dirt on the wall while Sneezy blew his nose and tossed the tissue onto the overflowing stack near the garbage bin.

"This job is too big for us," Sleepy yawned. Shoving a stack of dirty clothes off his bed, he crawled onto his lumpy mattress and pulled the covers over his ears.

"Where's the broom, boys?" Bashful's ears turned red as he discovered the dustpan shoved into a sticky pile of pots and pans.

Dopey opened the pantry door and the broom fell out, bounced off his head, and clattered to the floor.

"Found it!" Happy cried, "Now you can sweep, Grumpy!"

"Me?" Grumpy grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, "I'm no good at sweeping! Doc can do it."

"No I can't!" Doc backed away from the offered broom and tripped over a mountain of Dwarf Illustrated magazines.

"I got an idea!" Bashful held up a hand to stop the bickering, "Let's hire a girl to keep the cottage clean!"

The dwarfs rubbed their bearded chins thoughtfully before nodding in agreement.

"But this time," Grumpy scowled, "No princesses! They ain't nothin' but trouble!"
© Copyright 2017 Genipher (geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142836-Whistle-While-You-Work