*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142676-Cuddle
Rated: E · Prose · Young Adult · #2142676
Just a little cute thing
"I love you so much," I whisper, cuddling into you on the couch. I burrow into your chest to listen to your heart's steady beat. Distantly, I hear an "I love you,too." pass your lips. You are warm and safe and your heart beats a rhythm out on my cheek. I feel your arms circle around me and your hands rest on my back and waist. I sigh contentedly as my stress melts from my mind and muscles. Your hands knead at my body and I trace patterns and words into your skin. We stay like that for a long while. Eventually, you pull my head up and kiss me softly, like you're afraid of breaking me. I kiss back. You seem surprised, as if you hadn't quite expected me to return the affection. My fingertips press into your shoulders gently and you keep your arms wrapped around me. We pull apart, but press our foreheads together and quietly enjoy one another's presence. Every now and again, I press gentle kisses to your face. You chuckle and call me adorable each time. I'll never get over how you sound when you say that- like it's just some fact of life. We fall asleep like that. Later, I wake up with you wrapped around me and think of how life couldn't be this perfect with anyone else.
© Copyright 2017 Aby Normal (abygayle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142676-Cuddle