*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142539-Diversity-Insults-Are-Better
Rated: E · Assignment · Cultural · #2142539
In America, genuine behavior is rare. I wanted to address this with humor and sarcasm.
Breaking news: American society has lost a powerful trait: genuineness! The virtue disappeared when reputation became more popular than sincerity. Like politicians, i.e. glad-handing robots, humans put on a veneer among peers. The upcoming generation cannot confront their issues face-to-face; rather, they ridicule one another with friends via text messages, DM’s, or Snapchats. Americans need to regain their genuinity, but the pursuit of a solution seems futile due to the prevalence of the superficial communication. According to recent studies, however, the solution may be more simple and blunt than one might imagine. Instead of continuing the facade of likability, everyone should just lash out at one another, causing Americans to experience the exhilaration of exchanging insults and divide America further.
Recent reports show that frequent doses of blatant disrespect can improve one’s mood; it just feels really frickin’ good! Everyone loses their facade once they step inside the car and flip off anyone who dares to cut them off. How is it then, once face-to-face, people add a layer of candy-coated language to their speech rather than curse at one another? Here is a typical scenario for millennials: they’re in line at Starbucks waiting to order, and they get cut off by an obnoxious person in a hustle. At best, the person may whimper, “Excuse me, but I believe I was ahead of you.” However, the common response includes zero dispute and merely a swift type of hands to a third party, exclaiming, “OMG, just got cut off today in line #mondays.”
P.S.A. to America: QUIT BEING A B**** AND TAKE A STAND. The optimal response should not make the person quickly dismiss a rude gesture or action and merely complain to their friends about it later. Rather, it should contain expletives, screams, and aggressive insults. To improve one’s mood next time someone almost steals their place in line for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, they should exclaim, “GET BACK IN YOUR MOTHERF******* SPOT YOU PIECE OF S***.”
Throwing away the filter on one’s speech does not only feel great, but it partitions the American society as well! When people speak their mind, they often disregard differing opinions and resort to meeting only with like-minded individuals. Thus, diversity and inclusion dissipate, and people adhere to one specific mindset! Experts claim Trump is a role-model for this kind of behavior. Trump’s recent press release goes in-depth behind his mindset. He says, “When people try and explain a controversial opinion regarding a topic I believe I am legitimately superior on, I simply insult their looks, race, sex, and/or income. My supporters, who may not have the balls to speak their minds but hold my mindset, applaud and support my disdainful allegations. It’s great. I get my point across, create controversy, and divide America further.” Eloquently spoken like a man of class, Trump shows the powerful implications and perks of unfiltered language. Unfortunately, not everyone adopts the filthy speech pattern shown here. Instead, they model quiet, calm, and respectful disagreement and uphold collaborative discussions. Worse yet, this kind of behavior leads to a consensus, forging a society where progress and inclusion become rampant.
In the end, America’s problem will conclude one of two ways: Americans will connect with one another through genuine conversation, or they will follow the logical conclusion and berate one another, diverge into cliques, and enlarge the dichotomy America is facing. Speaking one’s mind imitates the rush of adrenaline in return for insulting dialogue that can help eradicate respect for America’s diversity. Experts cannot predict the success of the nation, but recent events offer reassurance that America will dive deeper into isolation due to the increasingly irate language people use to provoke one another.
© Copyright 2017 chrisfucci (cfucci at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2142539-Diversity-Insults-Are-Better