*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141977-Fleeting-words-unspoken
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2141977
A case of unrequited love and the unbearable cliche it has.
I was your best friend for a long time now.
I know how beautiful your face looks when you smile, when you laugh and when you cry
I know how attractive and mature you look when you are sad, when you realized things all too late.
I know how you are a ball of anger that would bounce freely whenever and wherever you want.
I also know your looks when you are in love.
You are in love with her,
You fell in love with her at first sight, after witnessing her smile for the first time through your camera and how you'd annoyingly show it to me every single time.
There was that time when you found out that she and your brother are going out, it left you heartbroken.
What's more is when you heard that she cheated on your brother with another man.
I feel your hatred overflowing.
But even so, whenever you sketch faces, her face would always be the one in your canvas,
Her pretty smile that captivated you.
You are not oblivious, that is for sure.
You knew you loved her
But you easily misunderstood things.
You never knew why I often enter a trance whenever I look into your eyes accompanied by a blush that adorns my face.
You never knew why I'd stutter and lose composure whenever your face is near.
You never knew why I suddenly mail you quotes about love than the usual quotes of hating the world.
I love you, you idiot.
But you are in love with her.
Even so, I would let this love go as long as you are happy beside her.
And as much as I wanted to accept everything,
I just can't fathom why you'd forget about me.
I don't even know why I'm being too cliche about this.
You're just gone as if you are just a bubble that suddenly disappeared.
I'm hurting, it's hurting
Maybe that's why I can only keep these thoughts to myself,
That I can't face you and ramble about these things
Maybe that's why I also completely ignored you at the end of our college days.
And that I unknowingly accepted my fate when I took the fall for you.
It is a nasty one, mind you but now that I think about it, I guess it was worth it.
You looked at me for who I am after those years, you were able to talk with me normally.
It is as if the world is just for the both of us again.
But we both knew that it wasn't supposed to last.
The light of dawn came too fast and I was barely able to say goodbye to you.
But trust me when I say that it was the best moment I had in my whole life,
O dearest best friend of mine.
© Copyright 2017 SunsetHue (crimsonquill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141977-Fleeting-words-unspoken