*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141910-Hornswag-Hornswag-Hornswag-Tricked
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #2141910
A turkey is trying to persuade a chicken to take his place at Thanksgiving.
“Hey Stanely, have I got a treat for you!”
“Eck, what is it Ralph? Darn bug got stuck in my goll darn throat! Cough, cough”
“Hey Stan, let me tell you about a little vacation that after you hear about it, you will want to go on.”
“What’s that ya sayin Ralph? Ya say a vacation, ya say?”
“Yep Stan, its in a little place that I like to call the Farm House. It’s a real hot place, you and the missus will love it. Me and Dorien were going to go but her uhhh.. cousin yeah that’s it, her cousin has come down with the influenza, and we gotta take go care of her.”
“Really Ralph? I need to talk to the missus to see if she wants to go. I’ll need to persuade her. Is there shows at The Farm House?”
“Yep” you can watch shows on a box that is on the wall, and there are lots of snacks. There is so much to eat you’ll be stuffed before it’s over!”
“Is there lots of friendly people at this place, Huh Ralph?"
“Sure are, they treat everyone like family, they will cook while you wait in your room, and when everything is done You’ll be the star of the party!”
“Well, ya don’t say! Sounds like a winner alright! But how long can I stay?”
“Well, ah hum! You can stay as long as they will let you. The Mr. and Missus of the house are very anxious to have you for dinner, I, I mean, they are anxious to serve you for dinner. I mean they will be happy to have you to dinner.
“Say, wait a minute! Are you trying to hornswog, hornswog, hornswog. Trick me?”
“Now Ralph, would I do that? Let me tell you a little story it’s a story about what happens in the Farm House once a year. Well, the family celebrates a time called Thanksgivin. At Thanksgivin they invite their entire family over for a fine meal of vegetables and …. Huh….crow, yeah they eat crow at this meal.”
“Crow? Haha! That poor old Sucker! Can’t believe they eat crow. Wait, I’ve never had crow! What if I don’t like it?”
“Oh, You’ll like it alright, they serve it with all the fixins, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, and most important Graveeee!”
"Oh I just loves me some of that gravy! Wait a minuet! I think I’ve heard this story before, but I think they ate turkey at this party! I think your trying to trick me!”
“Now Stan! I don’t want to be Thanksgiving Dinner, ya gotta help out son!”
“Ralph, why you dirty rotten scoundrel!”
“Oink! Oink!”
“Wait a minute, wait a minute did you hear that? Stan are you thinking what I’m thinking?”
“Yeah, but won’t it take a long time to harvest the corn and hide it?”
“No, no, I mean the pig! Hey there Arnold, how would you like to take a little vacation?”




© Copyright 2017 old and moldy (kc_delong at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141910-Hornswag-Hornswag-Hornswag-Tricked