*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141228-The-lies-that-tell-the-truth
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Adult · #2141228
Man faces fear by telling his lies and truths.
I woke up hungover again, and to be honest I don't even know how. Every day it seems to get worse. I get more hungover and forget more and more. If it doesn't stop soon, then I don't think I’ll be alive anymore.
Come to think of it, I've actually been sober for 185 days and counting. My wife and I Caroline took Abe, our son to the zoo. He got to feed the giraffe. If someone were to ask me why I still come to these alcoholic anonymous meetings I would say, I don't know. My life is as good as can be and if it got better I would just be blessed.
If I keep living like this, things are going to get bad. The doctor said liver failure is imminent. I just wish I could say goodbye to my family.
Goodbye honey. I said this morning on my way to this meeting. She’s the nicest person you'll ever meet. Tonight I’m gonna ask her if we can have a picnic in our backyard. You're’ all invited.
Today is the anniversary of my son's death. Five years since he was hit by a car at the family picnic. We tried to pull through, but our marriage was just failing. As the love got lighter the drinking got heavier. The truth is I have two weeks to live. My doctor said that I could get a transplant but I would never get a donor in time. Tonight you have all heard the lies that tell the truth.
© Copyright 2017 jaden laing (jadenl12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2141228-The-lies-that-tell-the-truth