*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140773-The-Ole-Switch-er-roo
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #2140773
A story about Turkey trying to trick Chicken onto the Thanksgiving Day table.
“Come on, Chicken! It will be fun!”

“Listen, Turkey, I’m not that stupid. I will not change places with you for Thanksgiving.”

“You don’t understand, Chicken. I’ve heard that it is great. You get to go inside that big house and get warm for the holidays. You get to get in that thing they call an oven and get a nice tan. The humans also shower you with presents as you get out of the oven and surround you with food.”

“You really don’t get it, do you? They are going to kill you! They are not giving you a tan! They are cooking you! Do you know what that means, Turkey? They are going to kill you, cook you, and eat you!”

“Do you think I’m stupid, Chicken?!? Of course I know that! If it was as great as I was trying to make you think it was, don’t you think I would want to go in myself? I can’t do this, Chicken! I don’t want to die!”

“Look, Turkey…. Over by the old rotten tree.”

“Yea, I see her. That’s Butterball Turkey. I hate her -- she is always trying to push her way to the front of the feed line.”

”Oh, Turkey, so let’s push her to the front of the ‘feed the humans’ line.”

“That’s a great idea, Chicken!”
© Copyright 2017 Daphne Matthews (daphne123070 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2140773-The-Ole-Switch-er-roo