*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138113-Class-of-63-Reunion
Rated: E · Essay · Community · #2138113
I originally wrote this back in October 2013. The title tells it all.
Class of '63 Reunion


This past weekend I attended the Harborfields High School Class of ’63, 50th Anniversary Reunion, and I had an excellent time; about which I now will ramble.

http://www.harborfieldscsd.net/our_schools/harborfields_high_school

The event was held at the Centerport Yacht Club, along Long Island’s North Shore, which is a truly remarkable place. It’s like a small, old fashioned, very stylish, truly chic, top quality, elegant hotel, with a very large dining area and barroom. I get the impression that this “Club House” may have been built during what was known as the “Gilded Age”, when many millionaires built their estates and mansions along Long Island’s North Shore; an area that came to be known as “The Gold Coast”. The Millionaire Yacht owners had this ‘Club House’ built so they could relax in the manner to which they were accustomed. While it’s not a manner to which I’m anywhere near accustomed, it was a great place to hold the reunion!

http://centerport-yc.org/

And what a great Reunion this was! The buffet dinner was top quality excellent.

Dozens of my former classmates attended this “Gathering of the Tribe”, and we all enjoyed each other’s company, with great feelings of genuine warmth, friendship and fun. That was something which hardly ever happened when we were high school students. We have all greatly improved; both the guys and the gals. I think that means that we’ve finally become, what we as students used to call “mature”. With me it’s being “mature-er”. I still have a way to go.

Another thing. While we are all 68 years old, have grey hair and some wrinkles, everyone I saw was filled with vitality. We are very healthy people; in very good shape for our age. I know I’m in much better physical shape than my father was at this age. The same can be said about most of my former classmates, who I met there. I don’t remember any of them having trouble moving. While many of us have some memory problems, they are very minor.

And talk about the gals! I’d expected that many of the very nice looking teenage girls, with who I’d attended classes, would now be a bunch of grannies. They’d arrive fully armed and ready to attack, with photographs. Things did not turn out that way. Many of them are now very fine looking, stylish, classy ladies, who were a lot more pleasant to spend time with, than they’d been back in high school. We all were.

Some of those classy ladies actually said that they’d had a crush on me back then.

Now they told me! After 50 years! Thank you ladies!

Before the Reunion, many of us had contributed “Bios” to the Reunion website, telling each other our life stories. I only told about the very few parts that I consider interesting. Among those things, I told about my being a published writer, and also about my few dozen unpublished works, on different writers’ websites. Then with fear and trembling, I opened my own Pandora’s Box, and gave them the e-mail addresses to the writer’s websites, where my writings can be found and read, and where they can leave feedback.

Now I wait, with fear, trembling and also hope, to see what feedbacks I’ll receive from my former classmates.

I hope that all of your reunions will be just as good for each of you, as this one was for me.
© Copyright 2017 Yesmrbill (yesmrbill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138113-Class-of-63-Reunion