*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138111-Her-Wings
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2138111
fantasy short
The girl who everyone thought was unbreakable, finally broke. Every time she tried to be strong and give her all she crumbled. All her broken pieces put into a box for safekeeping. Eventually, the weight of the box became too much for her to carry. She begged for wings, I know it is an odd request but when you spend your life bogged down, and you feel have nothing left to lose, you are ready to fly.
The girl is given her wings and she scoops up her box in her very frail arms and flies to the top of a jagged cliff. She ponders her next move, she was given a choice by the angels, she could reach into the box and put her broken pieces back together or she could fly away and be free from her pain. I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out she chose the wings. With her box in her hands, she carefully lifts the box over her head and throws it over the cliff. Her box falling faster and faster, disappearing into the depths below. No more pain, no more sorrow, only peace now. She looks down, for only a second, then looks up and speaks to the heavens I am coming home.
© Copyright 2017 ConcreteAngel73 (concreteangel3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138111-Her-Wings