*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138107-Carve-Me
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Dark · #2138107
halloween short
The pumpkin was sitting on the kitchen counter. I walked past it thinking about how I could decorate it for Halloween. Opening the refrigerator, to grab a drink I heard a faint, "Carve me." I slammed the door shut and whipped around terrified someone was with me in the house. But there was no one there. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I turned the light off and left the kitchen for awhile. It was getting late and I was tired but needed a drink. Went down to get a glass of water, and I heard it again, "Carve me." I felt like I was losing my mind, it felt like someone was staring me down. I ran upstairs to climb into bed after making sure all my doors and windows were shut and locked.

Finally, I drifted off to sleep, and in the middle of a dream I heard, "Carve me, Carve me, Carve me, CARVE ME." I woke up to the pumpkin sitting on my bed holding a knife, it was ready to stab me, "How many times do I have to tell you to carve me?" I was hit in the head and was knocked out.

Exhausted and with a bad headache, I woke up the next morning still frightened from the night before. I glanced around the room, no pumpkin, no knife. Maybe this was all a bad dream she thought. I slowly made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Sitting on the counter was a pumpkin, sitting next to it was a knife. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a white piece of paper resting on the pumpkin. I walked around to check the note and the words written in blood red said,"I asked you to CARVE ME. Thanks to you I had to carve myself." I removed the paper, and there sat a bludgeoned pumpkin, it was the most grotesque sight I had ever seen.
© Copyright 2017 ConcreteAngel73 (concreteangel3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2138107-Carve-Me