*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137656-Thank-You-Santa
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2137656
Noah gets an early Christmas present 434 words
"Mommy! I'm booooored." Noah tugged at his mother's shirt as she washed the dinner dishes.

Noah's mom looked down at her son. "Have you written your letter to Santa yet? It's almost Christmas, you know. Why don't you grab a piece of paper and crayon and tell him what you want this year? You can ask him for that bike you've been wanting."

Noah's eyes lit up. "Okay, Mommy!" He sat down at the dining table and began writing.

"Dear Santa,

My name is Noah Jones. I am 5 years old and I live on-
" he put down his crayon. "Mommy, where do we live, again?"

"You mean our address, Noah?"

He nodded.

"13 Meadows Lane."

"Okay!" He continued his letter.
"13 Meadows Lane. I have been a very good boy this year, and I do not want to get coal in my stocking, pleez. This year, I want a bike for Christmas. And a trampoleen. And lots of candy. And a robot toy. And a puppy! Pleeeeez? And I want a baby brother or sister.

Love,
Noah Jones
"

He went back to his mother. "Mommy, can I have an envelope, please? I'm done writing my letter."

Noah's mom turned around. "You are? Did you date it?"

"Oops!" Noah ran back to the table. "What's today's date?"

"Friday, December 13, 2013."

"How do you spell "December"? Never mind, I think I got it." He put the crayon back on the table. "Can I have an envelope now, please?"

"May I read it?"

Noah nodded and handed over his letter.

"Wow, Noah! You did a fantastic job writing the letter and telling Santa exactly what you wanted," his mother smiled, checking her watch. "You know what? Why don't you run upstairs, and brush your teeth and put on your jammies, while I find you an envelope? And tell Daddy I need him down here."

"Okay, Mommy!" Noah skipped up the stairs, sending his father down, as requested.

"Hey Mary," Noah's father kissed his wife, "Noah said you wanted me down here?"

"Ben, read your son's letter to Santa," Mary whispered, passing the letter to her husband.

He took the paper, mumbling through the words as he read them, ending with a "huh."

"Do we tell him?" Mary asked.

"Tell me what?" Noah reappeared behind his parents, clean and in his pajamas.

Mary and Ben exchanged looks. "Noah," Ben knelt down next to his son. "Mommy is pregnant. You're going to have a little brother or sister soon."

Noah gasped. "Really? This is the BEST DAY EVER!" he looked up to the skies. "Thank you, Santa!"


434 words
for 10/13/17 "The Writer's Cramp
"*Cat2*WINNER and NEW PROMPT due 14-Oct-2017"  
© Copyright 2017 Dragon is hiding (flamebreather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137656-Thank-You-Santa