*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137520-Love
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Romance/Love · #2137520
What is love?
Why is it that we hurt the people we love most? Why is it that when we are scared of something, we run away from it instead of running towards it? "Everything will make sense." They say, and yet nothing makes sense. Why do people come into our lives and then leave? Why do we get attached to people that we know are just going to hurt us? I think that it's because we are afraid of love, the one thing that everyone in this life wants and craves. We love the idea of someone giving us the attention and the affection we deserve. But when it comes down to actually loving, we are terrified. Maybe it's because you got burned the first time you loved someone and you don't want to get hurt. Or maybe it's because you are afraid of the feeling. Or maybe it's because we can't grasp the concept of someone loving us. All the things we hate about ourselves, how can someone else love them? We think we don't deserve love, for some reason we think that everybody else is entitled to have love but ourselves. That's what makes it so hard to love. That is why everything is so complicated. We want the love, but we don't think we deserve it. We start thinking if that person really loves us, or if they are just using us. I think the biggest problem in our society today is we don't know what love is but we have this illusion. It's the gift, it's the time, it's the getting along, it's not fighting. Yes, those are components of love but we often forgot the main thing. Sacrifice. Love is putting that person before anybody else including yourself. Love is believing that you guys can get through anything if you work as a team. Love is not giving up on each other. Love is staying when the storm comes and when you need to fight for what you guys have. Love is loving every inch, every flaw of them. Love is no matter how much they hurt you, you stay and you fight because you don't want to be anyone else. People say you need to put yourself first sometimes, but that's not love. I mean we see it in all the famous stories we read. Romeo and Juliet, they might have been a couple of kids that didn't know a lot but they died for each other because they loved each other so much that they would do anything for them. Jack and Rose from the Titanic, Jack sat in the freezing cold water and eventually died, but he did that so Rose could live. He gave her the raft and made sure she was alright. Bonnie and Clyde, lovers in crime. They did everything together, even dying together. Love is an unbreakable bond between two people. Love isn't something you find, it finds you. Love is rare, it doesn't knock very often but when it does, let it in.

© Copyright 2017 Alex Davis (sasha622 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2137520-Love