*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136502-A-Piece-Of-My-Teen-Age-Years-Is-Gone
by Epiehl
Rated: E · Column · Music · #2136502
My memories of the Late Tom Petty
As you all know by now, the founder of the Heartbreakers, Tom Petty passed away last night from cardiac arrest. He was 66.

I never owned an album of his or seen him live, but Tom Petty was a crucial part of my adolescence.

i was in high school, (I was 17 years-old), when the album "Full Moon Fever" was released.

The biggest hit on that album was "Free Falling" and rock radio stations still continue to play that tune to this day.

Back in 1989, when a hit album was released, FM radio played several tracks off it.

Back then, FM radio was known for playing album cuts, not just the hit singles.

From what heard on the radio at that time, (and believe me, I listened to the radio for hours), "Full Moon Fever" to me was a good album.

My all-time favorite Tom Petty song was the 1979 hit "Refugee"

From the guitar playing to the organ, "Refugee" is a song that is good from start to finished.

This morning, after hearing the sad news, I bought "Refugee" on Google Play.

Man! Did it sound good.

I also remember watching Tom Petty interviews on Muchmusic when he was in his prime.

He, (Tom Petty), even managed to score a few hits in the early 1990's.

Tom Petty had a really good career and he is going to be missed.

R.I.P. Tom.
© Copyright 2017 Epiehl (epwriter2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2136502-A-Piece-Of-My-Teen-Age-Years-Is-Gone