*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135184-Fleeing-from-Darkness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2135184
A small bit of darkness lives inside us all. But for some of us, the darkness is our soul.
She tossed and turned but somehow could not get these thoughts out of her head. She prayed that she would not be eaten alive each night for she was in danger. She missed the days when she was happy and longed to sing once more without attracting monsters to where she lay. Everything has become a dark tunnel for her. She never got to feel the warm embrace of a lover seeking her feelings, or experience anything a young adult would wish to experience. She she would hear the noises fade and hope to stand up and creep out of the forest of grass she happened upon. Exiting, she would shout her victory and dart off to her fate. It was a while away before she would seek out a town by following a stream and slowly prancing along it. She had never been so wild as to prance, but this time seemed fair. She would cry the tears of joy she always waited to cry. As this time would be an encounter she would never forget. She would arrive at a small town filled with music and be greeted by a fair maiden and a small boy who would take her in and care for her. They would clear her skin of the scars and burns and release a new self. Then she would remember the darkness, and think to herself ā€œIā€™m safe.ā€ But the darkness was not something of a lost memory. The darkness stayed inside her. Just waiting to take over the next town which she lead it to. It would be the fiftieth town of which her darkness overcame. She never knew though, for the darkness stroke while she was asleep so that she would not be even more scared of herself. The darkness loved her.
© Copyright 2017 CandyWriting (itzlizzyr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2135184-Fleeing-from-Darkness