*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134901-The-Dog-Headed-Goddess
by Twiga
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Animal · #2134901
This was written to see how many words I could write in 30 minutes exactly.
The Day was Midsummer Day, or the Summer Solstace for the for scientifically minded. The Eden Lands had been restored to the Glory of King Lee's Youth and all the Humanimals who had been rescued by King Lee himself or were desended from those who had been rescued by King Lee (Because remember, King Less was roughly 300 years old when he died and was still in his prime)

The Young Queen Matoaka Redfeather had come because this Midsummer Day was when the Godess of Animal Life Fauna would desend from Heaven to 'test' The Unicorn Mare what the test was no one knew, not even the young Queen herself.

All over the Eden Lands Humanimals were celebrating both the restoration of the the Animal Kingdom King Lee had worked so hard to create and the coming of Fauna whom the Humnanimals believed was some great and magnificent Godess.

Food and Games abounded! Everywhere you looked you could purchase some kind of carnival treat... And several Martial Arts Tournaments were being held for Animals of Different masses because most people would agree A Mouse battling and Elephant wound't be fair to the Mouse, Cartoon Stereotypes aside, However Karai's Morning Glories, Knuckles the Jackrabbit and Wyatt the Fruit Bat decided to enter a tag-team match against a Walrus and Camel Duo and one handily because they had psychic powers.

The Announcer a large White Rabbit-Man looked at Karai's Consort John Chapman and said "And the winners are Knuckles and Wyatt!" Quietly so no one else would hear he said to Chapman "Even though I really thing they should be disqualified for illeagal utalazation of psychic powers."

"If it was illeagal..."Chapman chuckled "...You should have written down an explicit rule against it."

"It should have been implied." Huffed the Rabbit "Kind of like 'You don't bring a machine gun to a Football Match'

Chapman however flicked the prize towards his Mutant Wards, an Enchanted Gold Dubloon. Knuckles caught it and together with Wyatt and both fist pumped with triumph.

Minsk Green. Matoaka's First Mate decided she would have some fun as it had been so long since she had a good old fashoned scrap and being a Mink her Musteliad Brain longed for some action.

An interesting incedent happened with a Beautiful Stoat-Woman calling herself 'The Myserious XX' But we'll leave that story for another time.

When it was time for Fauna to descend Matoaka led her people to the beach since the Eden Lands were the most Wesern Parts of what once was Scotland they faced the cold North Sea, the sun was causing the water to sparkle brightly.

The Four Ninja Turtles were the only ones a bit apprihensive about this whole thing as the many traditions of the Humanimals seemed very odd and at times creepy to them.

"So..." Don turned to Fossil as Matoka stood at the very edge of the water. "This...Fauna...Who is she? What is this...Test?"

The Velociraptor-Man Fossil sighed it was clear he was no longer in his area of expertise. "Fauna is the Goddess of all Earth Animal Life." He said "She like the Ninja Tribunal wasorginally a Human but then was later granted the status of Goddess. I don'tknown what the Test is..."

"What does she look like?" Asked Mikey

Fossil chuckled "That's the thing...Even though Fauna was orginally a Human when she desends to 'Test' the Unicorn Monarchs...She takes the form of some kind of Mundane Animal...She desends for each Unicorn Monarch once and she never takes the same form twice...The past forms she was taken were a Domestic Cow, a Grey Wolf...and a Bat."

This caught Wyatt's interest ^What kind of Bat?^ He asked with his telepathic speech.

"Fossil." Stroked his temples "Um...I think it was Eptesicus fuscus." He said

Wyatt's ears immediatly drooped "Oh." He said "One of the insect eaters." Wyatt himself was a Jamacian Fruit Bat which is a Microbat unlike the more famous Flying Fox Fruit Bats, still Wyatt couldn't imagine having a mate who ate insects.

"She never takes the same form twice..." Don said "....Is it because it's something she can't do...Or is this something she does of style?"

"I think...The latter is most likly." Fossil said "Of course whatever form she takes she is always the most perfect speciman of that breed...It's happening!"

From the sky came a shower of Gold Sparkles...They formed into a shape only three feet...Bright Blue eyes sparkled! She was...A Pomerainian Dog!

"Aww!' Mikey cooed

"Don't expect her to act as harmless as she looks." Murmured Fossil "This is the first time she was ever desended as an Anthropomorphic Animal."

Matoaka curstied before the Godess "Lady Fauna." Said the Unicorn Mare.

"Queen Matoaka." Replied the Pomerainan Godess with a squeaky voice.
© Copyright 2017 Twiga (twiga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134901-The-Dog-Headed-Goddess