*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132372-7-Billion-People--a-Restraining-Order
Rated: E · Short Story · Melodrama · #2132372
Short-story-2 women kill a target & this is the after-kill bit. No depictions of violence
Two girls walked down the busy New York street. They were dressed in black leggings, with boots, and colored shirts. Alexandra, or Alex as she preferred wore her blonde hair in a high ponytail, with the electric blue accents mixing in with the blonde strands. She wore a navy blue t-shirt with a panda on the front with the words Be a Panda! scrawled on the lower half. Her jittery companion, Alyssa had a grey t-shirt that read Back to Back, World War Champs on it, the lettering mirroring the American flag. “It was an impulse buy!” she defended, when people questioned the shirt. She kept looking behind her, looking for the tell-tale signs that someone was following her. Alex scolded her, before turning so that they walked into a smoothie shop. Bright colors, matched with the sounds of ice being crushed, the buzz of machines dispensing the frozen drinks, and the slurping of people trying to get that one bit of smoothie left.
Alex approached the counter, where a man stood. He was dressed in a hideous blood-orange collared shirt, with a black apron that had the name of the smoothie place on it. ‘Sandra’s Spectacular Smoothie Shop’. Alex inwardly rolled her eyes at the horrid alliteration, and gave her order of a strawberry and lemonade smoothie, before asking her “friend” Alyssa what she wanted. The timid girl asked for a lemonade smoothie and a muffin. Alex paid and they received their items. Alex lead her red-headed partner to a secluded corner and began to drink her smoothie. Alyssa followed, but apprehension still littered the blue-eyed gaze.
“Seven billion people in the world, and you’re overreacting because we killed one man.” Alex tutted, teasing the redhead. Scared blue eyes whipped to match Alex’s amused brown eyes, and she spoke.
“But-”
Irritated, Alex got close to Alyssa and whispered, “Seven. Billion. People. Now, quit complaining and drink your smoothie.” Alex said, and and took a large sip, to prove her point that the conversation, was done.
Alyssa scowled and growled out, “Go to hell.”
“Nope, can’t go to hell. Satan’s got the restraining order on me.” Alex retorted, that ever so irritating smirk on her pale face.
~Fin.~
© Copyright 2017 CourtLynn00 (courtlynn00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132372-7-Billion-People--a-Restraining-Order