*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131881-The-Scar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Other · #2131881
relationships differs from different perspectives

THE SCAR

We met in a party, he sat at a corner sipping his drink and staring at me. “He is handsome” I told my friend. We stood up to dance and I felt someone close to me and behold it was the guy. I went crazy and danced my heart out. We were tired of dancing so I decided to go outside and get some fresh air as the air conditioner could not perform its work effectively cause everywhere was stuffy.

I saw some group of people laughing and daring each other to do crazy stuffs. I heard a footstep and I turned and saw the guy I danced with, he moved closer to me and we chatted as if we knew each other before and we exchanged contacts hoping to see each other someday.

Last night’s event changed my life because he led me to Christ, which I never wanted to do, we hanged out more often, called each other five (5) times each day or even more, we pray for each other, cry on each other’s shoulder, we went to church together, we did virtually everything together even the do-able and the un-doable, I felt safe with him and thank God for bringing us together.

Years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds our love grew stronger. I know you will be wishing or thinking we got married (sigh) YES we did, but was it a peaceful marriage? You will find out later. We went for our normal strolling then all of a sudden he told me to stop, I did, then he held his chest and fell down, I couldn’t scream, I was shocked, I tried assisting him on his feet but I couldn’t, I wanted to scream for help when he let out a funny and thunderous laughter. I was shocked and angry because I did not understand what just happened. He apologized and then lifted me up, what he did next shock me………..

He went on his knees and said “Paradise, I have never found true love until I met you, you are the only paradise, God created on earth, I (KELVIN) will like to dwell in that place (YOUR HEART). If your heart was a hotel/lodge, I will never return to my house, I will stay there till my last breath, my Paradise, Nkem (my own) WILL YOU BE THE WOMAN I WILL SPEND MY LIFE WITH?

I was astonished, I know he is romantic but how he became a poet all of a sudden is still a shock to me, then I let out a thunderous YES and he smiled and slipped the most beautiful ring have ever seen on my finger. I was the happiest woman ever born.

A year later, we got married and our love grew stronger, our friends were always jealous of us, in fact we were the talk of the town.
After a year, his attitudes towards me changed, he does not find me attractive any more, he was not the Kelvin I knew, loved, respected and gave my all to, he would always remember me of my past just to make me cry, we were no longer the couple, singles wished to be like, our BREAKFAST and MORNING DEVOTION was quarrel, LUNCH was insults and DINNER was WWE SMACKDOWN, we fought like wrestlers in the ring, we threw objects at each other like its WORD OF ENCOURAGEMENT. Have had 4 miscarriages all because of him but I still love him and pray he changes.
People advised me to the leave the marriage but I can’t.
Now am out of the marriage because I couldn’t stand it any longer, now have gotten married to a pastor and I have three lovely kids even though he is caring, loving, understanding and has the qualities every single lady would be looking for in a Man but THE SCAR that Kelvin left is still there.



























































© Copyright 2017 Chuks Ofomata (chuksofomata at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131881-The-Scar