*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130793-Hi-there-all-you-wonderful-people
Rated: E · Other · Community · #2130793
A bit about me, keeping it short for the moment.
I'm in bed. It's almost 3 AM so I assume most of you are as well. I'm trying this because I have been writing for some people who aren't very appreciative. I need to start writing somewhere I can appreciate myself. I have been published in a book with other writers, and write for a couple of online magazines. I do enjoy writing articles, essays, political pieces and even poetry, but that is not why I started writing as a child. Fictional stories gave me an escape from an extremely unpleasant childhood. I am not going to give specifics because it would go on forever; at least be the size of say "The Chronicles of Narnia." I have wanted to be a writer like Shirley Jackson since I could read. I use her as an influence because she was one of the few women writers they taught to us in school. " The Lottery," has been one of my all time favorite short stories my entire life. It still has the power to make you forget how it's going to end, even though you have read it a million times. The fact that it now banned from most schools, makes it even more important. As I said, I am keeping it short because I am basically falling asleep. I just wanted to say hello. It was my birthday two days ago, and being a lucky person my friends have kept me busy. I am hoping to nod off to a land of dreams where all is well and nothing is scary. I hope your dreams are as happy as the ones I feel hiding behind my eyelids, and I look forward to being a part of this community. Sleep well.
© Copyright 2017 MrsHammer (janetehammer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130793-Hi-there-all-you-wonderful-people