*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130168-Being-a-widow
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2130168
being alone, a widow


people often think that being a widow is a good thing, sure there are times when I feel so alone just can't stand it, just have some one near you can at least talk to, a cat and dog just doesn't do it.
I watch too many Korean dramas.
yeah get out and meet people, so frustrating sometimes, the younger ones don't have respect for others and the older ones(like me) they have their own stories. so here is what I have done, get involved with what I enjoy sewing, crochet, quilt, bake, research genealogy read & study the bible, and yes write, gardening, being that I am older I have decided to get back into writing, and maybe have some published. I do love a good mystery. so any help, thoughts, ideas, to help a senior citizen will be grateful to me.
Oh being a widow is often a lonely time, but it also can be fulfilling if you/I look in the right places even if driving at night is it, then so be it.Joining groups may be good, but some say be cautious of what and where you go.
I want to get involved with life get motivated, help others, be creative, do my research on those family trees, research Atlantis, why do I want to write, crochet it ,well, not as fulfilling as it used to be neither sewing or quilting.
I am still young at heart, and I want to be useful and productive. make a mark in this world if you will. I am not able to get around like I used to do.
I am not 16 but 70 and I have to realize that. Can't do things like I used to do, I am slowing down. Love to garden, but now weeds are taking over, I do try but just doesn't get anywhere. meet people, get involved with life, find someone that's lonely, man, so much to do and plenty of time to do it. oh, and to ask someone for help, they are too busy don't have time etc. even the sons say that too. so what does one do? and when I ask they look at me if I asked something terrible. so if I don't do it, it doesn't get done. yeah being a widow has a lot of fall backs, depression comes in too sometimes, because of being lonely, no one to talk to And not talking about the health either. sometimes I do feel if no one cares.
oh yeah just found out; writing helps take that depression away, gets me out of myself.overcome stress.write what you know, would you read the how to on crochet or sewing or quilting. how about genealogy or baking or planting flowers?
© Copyright 2017 I'm a frustrated writer (mary_grether at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130168-Being-a-widow