*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129966-Jane-Austen-200-Years-August-2017
Rated: E · Article · Fanfiction · #2129966
Jane Austen died 200 years ago and this newsletter is about how it was celebrated.
Jane Austen 200 Years Newsletter August 2017

Sig for nominees

Editor: Princess Megan Rose

Merit Badge in Jane Austen Group
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new "Jane Austen Group" merit badge for your group,  [Link To Item #1992277] ! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We appreciate it! -SMs


Picture of Mr. Darcy.


Hello Janeites! Welcome to another Jane Austen Newsletter. Guess what? This newsletter has been nominated for a 2017 Quill Award. I see Jane smiling! Thanks to who ever nominated this! Jane died 200 years ago and a big celebration in her honor was celebrated last month. I decided to include her autobiography I wrote since it is Jane's 200TH Anniversary. This is for those of you who don't know Jane or want to learn more about her.

STATIC
Jane Austen's Life and Why I Love Her  (E)
I am writing about Jane Austen's life. I am her biggest fan and I love her.
#1767264 by Princess Megan Rose


Notice the cover art? This is a bench shaped like a opened book and this is from Pride and Prejudice with Darcy and Elizabeth. You can even sit on it. Other benches representing her books were found all over England. This is so neat.

Merit Badge in Jane Austen's World
[Click For More Info]

Happy anniversary to our favorite Jane Austen's novel: "Pride and Prejudice" *^*Suitheart*^*. 

~Minja~

I shared with you the book made out of wire and flowers and Jane's silhouette last month. This is at Parade Gardens in England. I decided to show it again.
Beautiful lawn image of Jane Austen and her book with flowers and a silhouette.

I bought the September British Edition of Victoria Magazine. I love this magazine and this issue had Jane Austen in it. They have Jane Austen in it every once in awhile.

Jane Austen remains one of the most beloved authors of all times of Regency Romance. This authoress left her indelible mark on literature. Janeite fans went to Bath, England and paraded through the streets of Bath dressed like characters from Jane's novels.

An onsite Tea Room offered a Tea With Mr. Darcy Meal featuring a scone with Dorset clotted cream and seasonal jam, assorted finger sandwiches and homemade cakes. Too bad Colin Firth wasn't there!

The Jane Austen Festival lasted ten days with more then seventy events. Speeches, drama plays of Jane's novels, costumed parade and visits to the Jane Austen Shop and Museum. I couldn't find an list of what the seventy events were. My heart was in England last month even though I couldn't be there in person. One woman there said that women who attended, pretended to be Jane Austen herself and Elizabeth Bennett.

Jane's novels have been linked to emotion, state of mind and social relationships.

There was a new perfume scent called Pemberly After The Rain. I wish they sold it in the US. This perfume was introduced at the Jane Austen Celebration.

These are the top four Jane Austen Characters that were taken from a survey.
1. Emma
2. Elizabeth
3.Elinor Dashwood
4. Darcy

What? Darcy should have been number one! This was a surprise to me.

"You should strive to be an independent woman like Jane Austen's heroines and Austen herself."

A neat quilt piece from Pride and Prejudice.

A Pride and Prejudice Quilt was displayed in England. The above piece must be Elizabeth's younger sisters and a military man, possibly Wickum. I would love to see the whole quilt.

Last but not least. A statue of Jane Austen that was sculptured for 2017, Jane's 200th Anniversary Celebration. It is beautiful! What a perfect way to remember Jane.

This statue was part of the Jane Austen 200TH Celebration

This is all I have this month. I love Jane and I hope she was at her celebration in spirit and smiling. Thank you, Jane for being a great Authoress and woman. I hope you have enjoyed this issue. I included pictures and what info I could find about Jane. If you have any items to share about Jane, by all means, e-mail me.

FORUM
Jane Austen Discussion Forum  (ASR)
A Forum for authors and members who love Jane Austen.
#1710273 by Princess Megan Rose

FORUM
Jane Austen Meeting Place  (ASR)
A place to meet other members and write about what you love about Jane Austen.
#1992432 by Princess Megan Rose


Beautiful Princess Megan Rose Plaque made by Minja, my Dear Friend.
Original Jane Austen picture.
A neat Jane Austen ladies pictures.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose (tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129966-Jane-Austen-200-Years-August-2017