*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129671-Aarons-Journey
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2129671
Pokémon fanfic
Prologue-


It all started on my tenth birthday, I was awoken by my mother's Pikipek, the little thing was pecking away at my skull for a minute before it could even get me to open my eyes. I was still tired from staying up all night, studying the three starter Pokemon of the region. The fire type, Emburr, was a strange one, since our region's starters have dual typings, we are the unique ones of the bunch, except for Alola, that doesn't even have gyms. Back to Emburr, it was actually a fire-ice type. Like a hotspot on the summit of Mount Silver. A cold outside with a burning soul. It was hard to gain it's trust, but if you do, it will be loyal. Onto the Grass-Fairy type, Planxie, an elegant creature with wings made of flowers, and a halo on its head, the angel of the starters. Then there's the Water-Ghost type, Booqua. It has black scales that wrap around its body, and arms that end up in stubby webbed fingers. It's eyes are a shiny pitch black, with a rain droplet on its forehead. The devil of the group. It has a kind nature, but can't reveal it, due to it being posessed by a young child. I couldn't decide, so I just spent my entire night studying everything I could know about these creatures. What they eat, what they like to eat, how hard it was to train, nothing was unknown by me. I finally got out of bed after another assault of pecks from the Pikipek. "Mom," I shouted," I'm heading out!"
"Okay honey! Have fun and make the choice you want! Don't let others persuade you!"
"I know Mom, I spent all night studying, and I know which one I'm going to choose!"
"You did what?!"
"Nothing! Bye!"
"Bye..." She said. She didn't buy my lie one bit, but she let me get away with it, since it was my birthday. I jogged down the road of New Kihei town, looking at all the buildings I've known even since I was a kid. My neighbor, Tiffany, was also turning ten today, so she was getting her first Pokemon as well. "Hi Aaron! Are you excited that we are going to get our first Pokemon today!? I can't wait!"
"I sure am! Which one are you gonna choose?" I asked. "I'm getting... Uhh... What are they again?" She- She seriously didn't know. I had to explain everything to her, the typings, the names, and the characteristics of all three of them. "Cool!" She shouted. By the time I had finished talking, the bell for noon sounded, completely taking me off guard, since it was 10:00 when I left my house. "Wait, it took me two hours to explain?! We have to get going, or else we won't get a Pokemon! Come on!" I yelled. She noded her he added, and we shot down the road at extreme speed, not stopping at any cost. We got to the lab in a minute, when it was a 20 minute walk there. The fatigue finally caught up with us, and we had to sit down for another minute. When our breath came back, we walked through the doors of Professor Redwood's Pokemon laboratory. "We're here for our starters, sorry we're late..." I told the receptionist what happened, and she was really nice about it, and she told us to head back to the main lab. We said thank you, and started walking. When we entered the lab, we only saw too Pokeballs left. There were name tags under them, the Booqua tag's ball was gone, but the other two were still on the pedestals. We heard frantic footsteps, then a loud crash, and a young woman's voice called out, saying," Be with you in just a second!" We waited a little longer, then we saw a tall frame in the doorway. She was a sight. Her long, wavy, brunette hair, Togekiss glasses, silk lab coat, and her floral print scarf were beautiful. "Welcome to my lab, kids! I had a little mixup with a Stoutland in the other room so, oh, right! You're here for your starter Pokemon, aren't you? I hope you've been studying, because you have to take good care of your Pokemon, in order to utilize them to their full potential!"
"Um, Professor Redwood? Who took Booqua?" Tiffany asked
"What do you mea- WHERE IS ITS POKEBALL!?" She yelled. We heard the sound of a door slamming, and Prof. Redwood charged after the sound, before being called by her apprentice to help her with a burnt Furfrou. "Take these Pokemon and go! You have to get it back!" She yelled. I quickly grabbed Emburr, and Tiffany took Planxie. We ran out the door, and looked around. We saw two people running, not even caring what they bumped into. We ran after them, assuming they took the ball.
© Copyright 2017 SpoonKing123 (spoonking123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129671-Aarons-Journey