*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129215-The-Godmother
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2129215
A marriage broke apart, and a new love ignited.
"None of this would have happened if my husband had kept it in his pants. Thank God, he didn't know how to be faithful." The smoke from a cigarette billowed around her, creating a frame. Her blond hair still curled within an inch of its life, had never gone grey, despite her age. "If he was a good husband, then I never would have achieved everything that I did and that would be sad for all women. It wasn't that long ago that it was thought a woman couldn't control a mob family."

"How did that happen, Jordan? How did you take over your husband's mob family?" The question sent her ice cold blue eyes into a fiery storm of rage. She responded with a simple smile, before launching into her tale."

"I was never one that liked sex very much. Sometimes it was nice but mostly just gross. Being sexualized by my fans, when I was a movie star, made it even dirtier to me. The things that they would write. Anyways, after I left the movies and married Mario, we made an agreement."

"He could sleep with anyone he wanted to, but there were conditions. Never the same woman twice, and never in our shared home. It was the one thing that I was very serious about. He abided by the rules until HER."

"You know who I'm talking about. Beth Tyler, that hussy. She and I were always up for the same roles, but since she had no problem getting on her knees, she was usually the winner. When she found out that I married Mario, she made it her mission to steal him from me.

Rumors got back to me that they had messed around, I blew it off because of our deal. When another friend told me that it happened again, I needed to teach both of them a lesson. So I seduced Beth's son, Dick. He was just 18 but someone had taught him how to please a lady. She went ballistic when she found out. The tabloids exploded with stories about our rivalry.

Mario tried to shame me but I gave it right back to him. One day I came home from shopping and caught him with her in my house. MY HOUSE! I went over to see Dick again, this time leaving some of Mario's belongings behind. Beth came home looking like the cat that ate the canary. I let her believe that she had won for the moment.

I broke into her house and went to her room. After I strangled her, I made sure to leave another little memento of Mario's, his boxer shorts. After I made sure Dick got out safely, I burned her house down."

"You realize, Jordan, you just confessed to killing Beth Tyler to me. This is an interview that is being nationally televised. You could go to jail."

"You must be new to journalism. I have already been tried for everything they could throw at me and was acquitted. Mario is now sitting in jail, doing time for her murder and a few other charges that came up when he divorced me and I turned on him."

"Like what?"

"As my trial dragged on, Mario decided it was the perfect opportunity to divorce me. His thinking was that I wouldn't take him to the cleaners. What he didn't count on was me having recorded everything that happened in the house, and all our conversations. When his attorney learned that I had, he tried to get Mario to drop the divorce case.

I was not having any of that. In the settlement, I agreed to keep quiet, unless the material was subpoenaed by the authorities. It just so happened that before I signed the divorce decree, I alerted them of the existence of this evidence. With a smile on my face and a song in my heart, I handed everything over to them.

Mario was so busy dealing with the criminal charges that were being filed against him left and right, he had no idea that his beloved son, Chester had gone missing. I do hope that they find him one day. With the head of Mario's family gone, there was certain to be a war for his territory. Until I stepped up, and took control. Nobody saw it coming but it was a blast. Recently, I have stepped down and now my daughter is in charge. And I know she's going to do amazing things."

"Jordan, we don't have much time left. Please tell us about your upcoming wedding."

"Well, after my life completely fell apart, I was devastated. As much as I detested Mario, he was a good provider for me. When I signed the divorce papers, I had no idea what I was going to do. A settlement is nice, and the money that I had coming in from movie royalties would be enough to keep a roof over my head for a few years. But there was a longing in my heart for the kind of passion that Beth and Mario shared."

"And you found it?"

"You can say that. As The Godmother of a mob, you have your choice of hunks. They fawn all over you, do whatever is required to make you happy. They don't love you and you certainly don't love them. No. When an old friend, someone who had gone to Hollywood and made a name for himself asked to see me, I was ecstatic. Everyone loved Stan Charles. He was the man that all the girls loved and all the men wanted to be."

"Stan Charles? Isn't that...."

"Yes. I am marrying the man who helped me get through my husband's affair with my most hated rival. The man who made me feel alive and sexual again, when I thought that my sex drive was dead. I am marrying Dick Tyler, Beth's son. He knows about my past and accepts it. Understands it."

"Long live Jordan Tyler."

© Copyright 2017 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129215-The-Godmother