*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127483-Betrayal-like-a-fine-rose
by Naru
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing · #2127483
A really short story about a girl's death + her ghost watching this from above.
The distant sound of voices was getting louder, louder. Until eventually, they were so close she could practically hear them shouting their insensitive, harsh realities into her ears. Their words kept repeating and repeating. She felt more of her carefully composed wall crack which each word, with each syllable.

"Why?"

The quiet word in the otherwise loud room shocked her and instantly stopped the voices. The girl rose from her current position as the voices started again albeit this time in a loud whisper. Next thing she noticed were the eyes. Those deep, soulless eyes staring at her from every direction. She covered her face with her sleeves and shook. The eyes never moved. The girl felt exposed and vulnerable before them. She felt each bruise and cut being magnified in their presence. Only, they didn't hurt any longer. No, instead she felt almost free.

"Sure is a shame.."
"Yeah, she was taken too soon."
"Rest in piece."

The girl was dead. Killed during a robbery gone wrong in her own home. The robber? Her own cousin. He wanted money and lots of it. A drug dealer, an addict, blackmail. So many reasons why he did it but, one thing is for certain. He threw her life to the winds.

Betrayal is such a tragic thing after all...
© Copyright 2017 Naru (oniyuri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127483-Betrayal-like-a-fine-rose