*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127459-Social-Media
Rated: E · Article · Technology · #2127459
A brief analysis of social networking...

Social Media- Its Impact on Our Lives:

Social media has provided us a medium and freedom of our expressions, thoughts and ideas with all pros and cons. It has grown tremendously in the last few years. The article puts lights on its good traits and bad aspects.

Legacy of Social Media:

Connectivity:

A person sitting in the deserts of Sahara can connect with the person standing at the mountain of Himalayas through social media. From East to West and North to West, you can connect yourself with the whole globe at the forum.

Promotion:

You can promote your business, campaigns and activities to other people and the entire world is open for you. This can help in reducing advertisement expenses and millions of people can get it.

Opportunities:

You can get people through Social media who can see your work and praise you. People who are passionate about their hobby can serve for different websites and you can also earn with it. You can submit your work and you get an official status.

Communities:

You can connect with the people with same interests at yours in different communities. You can share related stuff with them and can get yours. It expands your mind and you get to know more about it.

Get Updated:

You can be aware with every single affair happening around the world through social media whether it is about the dismissal of the south-Korean president or Trump's warning to north-Korea. All news is on your finger-tip.



But social media on the other hand has disadvantages as well.

Detriments of Social Media:

Addiction:

Social media is becoming an addiction for the users, especially teenagers. They are addicted very badly that they eventually cut off from the society and their precious time is lost which they can use in productive activities.

Cause of Death:

Social media is now becoming one of the reasons of deaths. This is strange but a sad reality. Several cases have been reported in which people doing stunts just to look cool lost their lives. These types of stunts are performed by the people because of the successful stunts made and shared over the social media.

Hacking:

Personal data and privacy can easily be hacked and shared on the Internet which can easily ruin someone's reputation. Sometimes, it leads to blackmailing and sometimes even suicides which is producing spoil in the society.

Less social Interaction:

Social Media is affecting badly on our lives. We mostly waste our time reading stupid posts rather than using this platform to make our studies easy or using it to promote our business or spread awareness. We don't talk to each other and are likely to spend time using this platform.

Health Issues and Laziness:

Social media is also creating health issues in the society. According to the report, most of the people get lazy because of the excessive use of social networking sites. It also affects the eye sight of the person.



It is all about the usage and getting things done positively by using the power of social media. It is in the hands of the user to use to its advantage. SO, try to positively use it and make it beneficial for yourself rather than making it an addiction to yourself and a harm. Have a good day.











© Copyright 2017 Atika Khan Yousufzai (atikakhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127459-Social-Media