*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126165-Fill-Your-Hole
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #2126165
Stop ignoring holes on your life
Potholes are a horrible thing to run over, and even worse when you don’t see it until the last minute. By that time you grind your teeth and hope it’s not as deep as it appears to be. I have wonder why someone travels the same road everyday, yet manages to run over the same pothole every time.

My only answer to that is, they become numb to the fact that they are doing it. It becomes second nature to them. Do they want to run over it, chances are they are not even aware of it, until their car is riding funny and it needs very costly repairs? They sit and reflect, while being reminded of the days driving over the same pothole and refusing to avoid it.

Relationships have potholes also. We get a relationship and we make a mistake, yet we fail to correct it on the spot. In some cases, it becomes weeks, months and even years have passed. The problem has yet to be identified, until one day your relationship takes a hard fall and you cannot figure it. Now you are forced to pay for help, miss work, and even spend time in court getting a divorce because the issue(s) were never addressed and remained in your daily life. Doing things so much that you’re not even aware that you were doing it.

That’s why I have cleared my schedule and I have a date with my mind and soul to examine where I am in my life. No longer will I go with the assumptions that I am doing everything correct. I have to be honest with myself and make the changes that will help me be the best version of who you need me to be. I’m not doing this solely for us, but for me also. I declare that I will no longer ignore my shortcomings and start to acknowledge the potholes in my life and the destruction they have caused. The last thing I desire not to do is lose you, because I failed to fill in my holes.
© Copyright 2017 Michael Spencer (michaelspencer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126165-Fill-Your-Hole