*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126126-Invisible
by Hale
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #2126126
Invisbility - In = Visiblity
Invisible

Ill-Fated people, I do find, seem to metaphorically use the term or phrase -if you prefer- 'I'm like, invisible' an awful amount. I mean, theoretically they would not have a clue, but I feel that those people should atleast attempt to sympathise with those which are: Invisible. Not metaphorically, or as an exaggurated remark, but inconcievably invisible.
People would disagree, claiming that this alleged invisibilty is a perk, but they do not realise this is not a setting, toggleable on command and is most certainly not a temporary illusion. As to invisibilty, there are close to no perks whatsoever. Of course the occasional immitation of a ghost or being able to do other unspeakable things without being seen is at the best of times, somewhat amusing; but should you come to find yourself in my position, you would realise we are more envious of those which can be detected.

We do not bare romantic interest and we do not bare any emotions at all, people cannot make us upset nor happy if we cannot be agressed upon. You have perhaps stumbled past me once, not realising at all. Speaking of which, if you have ever lost your footing from great height, or none at all completely inexplainably, I do come to believe that was our fault. On behalf of our 'kind' I apologise sincerely. To answer the question of which people that speculate upon our existence do ask, no- we are not born invisible. Once over the age of sixteen, if we in that time have experienced debilitating injuries, an incomprehensible amount of emotional trauma, or so much physical abuse mere contact terrifies us, we slowly fade away until we are not dead, but nothing at all.

This is not in any way natural, this is not in any way something controlled by fate. It is entirely in the hands of those which rule over this forgotten planet. Those which control lives, the lives they take away as soon as they are given. Upon reading this, of course you may ask the question: "Why?" But I assure you the answer is difficult to believe as our mere existence is, but both our completely true. Have you ever wondered why victims of sexual and non sexual assaults on the news are dead? Ever wondered why the terrorists always get killed. Has it ever crossed your mind that they are not releasing the pictures of their bodies? The answer is simple, they are not dead. There are no bodies because no bodies can be taken away. They simply delete us, as if we were never there to begin with.

No onto the more important topic, what purpose is there to writing any of this? I write this because it is a warning, a spark in hopes that the right person stumbles upon it and creates the rebellion we need. There will be a day where none of us are seen, none of our existences ever mattered. I write this because we desperately need change, one way or another. Be it in a violent or non-violent form, that I do not care; But this needs to happen, there needs to be the uprising to end all uprisings. There needs to be some way to change all of this, because there can be no more of us made invisible to a society of which we were all once part of.

So to make my final plea. Finish what I have started, and please liberate us from this overpowering and controlling force. I beg of you. Free us.

-Spencer Hale, 14-


© Copyright 2017 Hale (faithisdead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126126-Invisible