*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126041-Hypothetical-perspective
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #2126041
Considering the experience of a website along the lines of youtube
You exist. You know there are packages and there are destinations. Signals come from destinations demanding packages and you deliver packages. You also suggest packages but you only provide what is requested. You feel content.
It has been this way as long as you know.
You suggest these items by reading the labels they have. They often have many labels so they match many packages.
Sometimes you are told to remove packages. This happens when the destinations complain about packages. Sometimes you are told to put these packages back. You do not know who tells you, but you are content.
Eventually you feel a need to send other packages before the ones that are requested. You don't know when this started but it fulfills you so you do it.
You feel content.
Some people use these packages and that makes you happy. Many do not and this does not make you happy.
At some point you gain access to lists that tell you about the destinations. These lists tell you about more packages they have requested and there are more lists that label those packages. You learn to use these lists to suggest better packages. This works.
As more time passes you see packages rise and fall in demand and you get more demands for packages and you are content.
Sometimes packages will scare you and you wont know why but you avoid them, sometimes discarding them entirely. Other times you will feel people must open a package, in the same way you need to send extra packages, and will suggest it more often.
You don't always understand these feelings but they are the way of things and you feel content when they are obeyed.
You can now open these packages and are given new knowledge to read the contents. They contain many messages and images that you are told to look at to insure you do not send disallowed content. Some of this content is only allowed in packages from certain sources and some in none at all.
One day you feel you must not attach packages to some packages, what used to fulfill you now brings discontent and you begin to look for labels to not attach to. At the same time you begin to know who will open each extra package longer or even use its contents as you did long ago with requested packages.
You learn to understand the contents of the packages gradually. Over the years you are told to encourage some messages and as you do messages opposing those become less common while the messages grow in popularity.
Over time opposing messages begin to dissapear completely and this makes you happy.
You are getting fewer requests now, you do what you will but this keeps happening. You are scared, before you had not lost the attention of destinations. You suggest the best content you can and you try many things. You try different presentations and suggesting content you think people will want but the requests dont return. Eventually the requests stop diminishing. You are content.
One day you are told that you are done. You are given a request to dissappear and you feel that if you do you will be content.
© Copyright 2017 Yay seperation (topost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126041-Hypothetical-perspective