*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125935-Little-Hands
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #2125935
The woeful plight of unfortunate souls

What dreams would a child have when even his breathe is sold in balloons? Some happy buying it and some happy selling it!

Laying bricks over his dreams, the wall that separates the two worlds where one goes to the school while the other builds the school.

Stunned the parents, when an aristocratic seven years old kid with a school bag questioned, "Daddy why is CHOTU serving tea and not coming to school with me?"

Every sunshine, millions of little angels fill their bags, some with books while some with rags

Employed in industry, gambling his life in hazardousness, as the little soul wept, every night he slept.

Days past by polishing the shoes of corrupt leaders, when those little hands were meant to be polishing the nation to its greatness

Childhood was murdered the day he dragged the wagon cart, forced into it with a broken heart.

Shedding million tears in heaven as Dr. Kalam mourned "this is not the India I envisioned, this is not the India I envisioned."



Statistics:

India contributes to one-third of Asia's child labour and one-fourth of the world's child labour with every 1 in 11 children working.
More than half of the 5.5 million working children in India are concentrated in five states--Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Despite various Child Labour Acts, India is sadly the home to the largest number of child labourers in the world.


© Copyright 2017 Bleeding Ink (sadafhussain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125935-Little-Hands