*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125508-Sylvester-the-Cat-cashes-in-on-Fame
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2125508
Cartoon cat finances poultry farm
The cat's out of the bag as Sylvester J. Pussycat is now in the poultry purveyor business.

The erect-walking feline of cartoon notoriety is heading an upstart chicken processing operation with plans of an IPO on the NYSE by fiscal end.

Despite his verbal limitations, notably an overt lisp, the ever opportunistic icon has apparently had no problem leveraging his fame into obtaining financial backing for his ambitious venture.

"He knows a thing or two about birds" was overheard at a meeting last week in lower Manhattan.

The sometimes snarky and persistent persuer of Tweety Bird never realized success as a hunter of the elusive canary, however his tenacity seems to have garnered considerable interest from investors.

Creators Loony Tunes and Merrie Melodies declined to comment citing "unresolved contractual issues."

Speculation is that Sylvester's gain could spell financial turmoil for the studio. Processing chickens may be seen as unsavory for the creators of so many famous fowl, a certain PR blow.

Predictably, the only comment on the dispute from Mr. Sylvester was "sufferin succatash!".


Concieved and written by Michael Holdcroft.
© Copyright 2017 Foghorn (mph22866 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125508-Sylvester-the-Cat-cashes-in-on-Fame