*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122914-You-never-get-paid-for-your-time
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2122914
Daily flash fiction entry for 5/26
Nancy took off her hat and fanned herself then tried to drink from her empty water bottle, forgetting for the third time it was empty. The heat had kept the customers away. It seemed today she'd be lucky to earn her booth fee.

So far she'd had two sales. First an embroidered dish towel to a chatty old woman. Then a crocheted amigurumi mouse that a cranky child had a temper tantrum over. Nancy had felt sorry for the flustered mother and she couldn't charge full price for the mouse. She threw in some lilac bath salts with the mouse.

In the three hours since she'd had lookers but no sales. She yawned and stood up from her chair to stretch. She didn't notice her kumihimo disk dropping on the ground as she stood. She'd given up on that project an hour ago, it didn't make sense to make more to pack up with everything else.

Nancy walked along the table moving her wares about making sure everything could be seen clearly.

"Excuse me how much are these?" A woman with a small dog peeking out of her designer purse was looking at the jewelry display.

"Oh the bracelets are $35 and the necklaces $75. Thouse are all original designs with semi precious stones. I do commissions if there's something specific you're looking for."

"Oh isn't that a little high?" The woman asked as she looked closely at a bracelet. "it's just beads and string that can't cost that much."

"Well...if you know how to do tubular bead crochet I do sell kits that start at $15 and have all your supplies."

"Goodness no, I don't have time for that." The woman put the bracelet down and gave Nancy a saccharine smile. "Thanks but I think I'll pass dear."

© Copyright 2017 Michelle (nubrain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122914-You-never-get-paid-for-your-time