*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122810-Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Sci-fi · #2122810
Taraia and her three friends find a planet suitable for them and plan its civilization.
Taraia and her three friends, Banca, Raelle and Alaysia, had just boarded the Lambda Hyperbium Space Cruiser and went into outer space for the first time. They were panicking when the cruiser took off, realizing that they were going into zero gravity, and into a place with no oxygen. When they reached space, however, nothing happened. They were able to breathe and they weren't floating in midair.

         "Interesting," said Taraia.

         The others agreed.

         "So where are we headed?" Banca asked her.

         "Oh," Taraia realized. "I guess I didn't think about that. I just wanted to be in space for the first time. I've never been out here before."

         "Oh. Well, that's OK, I guess."

         "What do you think, Raelle?" Taraia asked.

         "Fine with me," Raelle answered.

         "Alaysia?"

         "I actually like being out here."

         "Yeah?" asked Taraia. "What do you like about it?"

         "I'm actually living science fiction," Alaysia answered.

         "Oh, yeah? Must be your favorite genre, huh?"

         "I guess so!"

         "So where do you want to go?" Banca asked Taraia.

         "Oh. I guess I don't know yet. Maybe I'll just explore the cruiser for now."

         "I would like to visit another planet," said Alaysia, "one that's suitable for human survival."

         "Oh, good idea, Alaysia," Taraia replied. "Let's all try it."

         "We have to be careful, though," warned Banca. "Some planets are dangerous, even if they are fit for human survival."

         "Well, that's true. Let's see if we can find a way to find a safe planet."

         The four of them approached one of the cruiser's employees. "Excuse us, ma'am," said Taraia.

         The woman turned around. "Hi. How can I help you girls?"

         "We want to look for a planet to visit that is safe and that is suitable for human survival," Taraia told her. "Is there a way to know whether any of the planets in the galaxy fit that criteria?"

         "Well, we do have a kiosk for such a purpose," the employee answered. "If you'll follow me, I'll show you where it is."

         The four of them followed her to a life-sized machine, on top of which it said "Planet Finder."

         "This is the Planet Finder. It tells you everything you need to know about each planet in the galaxy." Then she showed them how to use it.



         After the employee left, Taraia and the others searched for a planet that fit their criteria. Then they came upon one named Duspion. They studied it, reading all the information on the large screen. "Here we go," Banca pointed out. "There aren't any humans on it, but we can try it out. What do you think, guys?"

         "I'm up for it," said Alaysia.

         "I'd say it's worth a try," Taraia agreed.

         "And maybe we can build a city or two," Raelle suggested, "or more cities."

         "Hey!" Taraia exclaimed. "Good idea, Raelle!"

         "Yeah," Alaysia agreed. "And we can have countries and continents! We can make Duspion a planet to actually live on!"

         "Wow!" Raelle exclaimed. "Let's do it!"
© Copyright 2017 freelance_author_wannabe (ashleemcaley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122810-Prologue