*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119671-Story-today-is-the-last-day
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2119671
This is a story about a man who lives a day as his last day of life and he enjoys so much.
today is the last day
by: vinayaka shrivastava
It was 22nd april,1989 morning. the day was full of beatitude. The sun was bright and was spreading its light to the world. 'Mr. Binod Rao' a 45 year old gentleman was having his tea. He was living with his sister 'Avni' and wife 'Shorvari'. Mr. Rao was reading newspaper with a grate engross as he used to do every morning. Suddenly he saw a news which said 'a prediction priest'. Mr. Rao was a man who believed in predictions and was a very tensed man. He was very frustrated from his daily routine and tensions. He decided to meet this priest. After having his tea, he took a leave from his office for meeting the priest.
Somehow he reached at priest's place. There was a bulk of people waiting for their chance. He took his entry slip and stood in the queue. One hour later finally he got the chance to meet the priest. The priest politely called Mr. Rao near him. Mr. Rao told him about his problems. The priest closed his eyes and asked "are u the man who killed his brother?" "No, how can you say this about me?" said Mr. Rao in a loud cry. The priest got very angry with this kind of behavior. He said, "How dare you? You will have to pay for this. Today is your last day. You will take your last sleep today. You will die tomorrow."
Mr. Rao left the priest's place in frustration. He was tensed about what priest said. He thought he should enjoy his last day of life as he took the priest's words to his heart. He cancelled his leave from the office and he entered his office. Everyone in the office could feel the change in his behavior. He was looking free minded and attractive. He did all his work without any tension as he was thinking that it was his last day. He didn't care if anything happened wrong in his work. His working hours finished and he returned home.
At home he met his sister and wife and said, "Avni and Shorvari, you know how much I care for you both. If something happens to me tomorrow, please take care of yourself." They both didn't understand that why Mr. Rao is saying these words to them. Mr. Rao wanted to spend his last hours with his family. He took his family for a film. Their they enjoyed alot. It was Mr. Rao's first day that he enjoyed with his family and that with no tension. The sun set and the day finished. Now it was the time to go to bed. He was not afraid of his death. He slept.
Next morning, he woke up. He could feel that he was alive. He quickly got off his bed and saw himself in the mirror. He couldn't believe that he was alive. He quickly got ready and went to the priest for telling about his wrong prediction. He reached the priest. Priest recognized the man and said "How was your last day child?" Mr. Rao was surprised to hear this line from the priest". He replied, "your prediction was wrong mister. See I am standing alive in front of you today." The priest smiled and said "Child, I know you are alive and you will live a very long life." Mr. Rao asked, "What do you mean?" The priest asked, "did you not enjoy yesterday and was your work not successful?" Mr. Rao said, "yes my day was amazing and I enjoyed a lot at work and with my family." The priest again smiled and said, "Child, that was what my aim. I can not pridict your days, I can only help you to make it the best day. If you will live your everyday as your last day of life, you will be able to enjoy it and make it successful." Mr. Rao understood and thanked the priest. Mr. Rao left the priest place with a new energy and happiness.
- Vinayaka Shrivastava Class- 9th
Vasant Valley Public School, Ladda
Sangrur, Punjab
© Copyright 2017 vinayaka (vinayaka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119671-Story-today-is-the-last-day