*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118915-Starting-Over
by slez
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2118915
Flash Fiction Contest Entry - 300 Words
"You're going to do WHAT?"

"Calm down Lou, you knew this would happen sooner or later."

"Calm down? Calm down! Corwin, how do you expect me to calm down when you drop a bomb like that!"

"Look, Luo, it's no big deal. I've done this many times. I've taken care of just about everything. There's very little left for you to do."

Lou shook his head. "I don't know. Asking me to help stage your death... Is it really necessary?"

Corwin sighed and put his arm around Lou. "Come on Lou, you know it is. Plus, your my only friend. As you know that's my rule. It's too lonely to have none, and too painful to watch them die. You're the only one that can help me."

"But why now?"

"I'm not sure. I just had a feeling that it was time. People will start getting suspicious if I live much longer. I've lived far too long to not trust my instincts."

Luo hung his head. "Okay, fine, what do I need to do."

Corwin slapped him on the back and laughed. "Great, I knew you'd come through for me!" He handed Lou an envelope. "Everything you need to know is in here. There's just some papers you need to sign a few things you need to make sure get done. It'll be a piece of cake."

"Are you sure? When was the last time you did this? I'm sure the world has changed a lot since then."

"Hmm... About seventy years ago," said Corwin. "But don't worry, I've hired a whole team of lawyers to take care of everything else. Just do your part and we can meet up again in a few years once I've established my new identity. Plus, I think you're really going to like Panama."
© Copyright 2017 slez (slez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118915-Starting-Over