*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118841-100-African-religions-before-slavery
Rated: E · Chapter · Writing · #2118841
This book list 100 African law systems, that were used in ancient times.
100 African religions before slavery & colonization by Akan Takruri


Now this is a real interesting find.Yesterday I made a post about a prehistoric hominid group who buried its dead in caves, that had tunnels and chambers,just like the Pyramids, and you could directly see the connection.
Today I asked a member of the Kikuyu tribe to give me a run down of their religion, and upon further research I found some very interesting connections.
In Kikuyu religion Ngai is the creator and giver of all things, 'the Divider of the Universe and Lord of Nature'. He gave birth to the human community, created the first Kikuyu communities, and provided them with all the resources necessary for life: land, rain, plants and animals. He - for Ngai is male - cannot be seen, but is manifest in the sun, moon, stars, comets and meteors, thunder and lighting, rain, in rainbows and in the great fig trees .Yet Ngai is not the distant God that we know in the West. He had human characteristics, and although some say that he lives in the sky or in the clouds, they also say that he comes to earth from time to time to inspect it, bestow blessings and mete out punishment. When he comes he rests on Mount Kenya and four other sacred mountains. Thunder is interpreted to be the movement of God, and lightning is God's weapon by means of which he clears the way when moving from one sacred place to another.
Now check this out
Other people believed that Ngai's abode was on Mount Kenya, or else 'beyond' its peaks. Ngai, says one legend, made the mountain his resting place while on an inspection tour of earth. He then took the first man, Gikuyu, to the top to point out the beauty of the land he was giving him.
So with that being said, did Ancient Egyptians create Pyramids to be the resting place or the Human made mountains of the Gods on Earth?
Also notice when I cover religion, what the name for their Gods are, they normally sound close to Nigger. For instance Neter=god in Egyptian, Ngai=the god of Kikuyu



Kirinyaga - the Sacred Mountain
Mountains have always been favourite places for Gods and spirits, particularly when the mountains stand on their own - Mount Ararat, Mount Fuji, and Sri Lanka's Adam's Peak are ones which come immediately to mind - and Mount Kenya is no exception. Their association with rain clouds in particular seems crucial in understanding the spiritual awe in which humans regard such mountains.
That, and the sheer beauty of these places, of course.
Sitting squat astride the equator, Kirinyaga - more commonly known as Mount Kenya - is the country's highest mountain, and the second highest in Africa after Kilimanjaro, which lies a few hundred kilometres to the south on the border with Tanzania.
Its highest peak (Batian) reaches a height of 5199m (17,058ft). At that altitude, in fact from around 4000 metres upwards, snow and ice are daily occurrences, and rarely do temperatures rise above freezing at night. There are even some relict glaciers remaining on the very top, although these have steadily been retreating over the last century.
The three highest peaks are named after Maasai laiboni (ritual leaders) of the nineteenth century: M'batian, who died in 1890 having lost a good deal of his land to the British, Nelion his brother, and Lenana his son.
Geologically, the mountain was built-up by intermittent volcanic eruptions some 2.6 to 3.1 million years ago, and is believed to have reached a maximum height of something like 7000 metres before erosion set in. The entire mountain is deeply dissected by valleys radiating from the peaks. At the 2500 metre contour, the circumference of the mountain is approximately 95 miles (153km). All the mountain above 3200m forms a national park.
Mount Kenya's peaks remain snow-capped throughout the year, which the nineteenth-century European exploring fraternity found difficult to believe, even after it was reported first-hand by the missionary-explorer Johann Ludwig Krapf, who sighted the mountain in December 1849. It wasn't until Joseph Thompson passed by in 1883 that he confirmed Mount Kenya was, in fact, on the equator and was, indeed, covered with snow.

© Copyright 2017 Akan Takuri (jew85em at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118841-100-African-religions-before-slavery