*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118215-Madamephryne
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2118215
Human Priest Moon Guard Ally
Back from Battle tired, marred. A New Deep cut to Lower Cheek to Chin
Still to this day Sports a Eternal Black Diamond

Old Large Gashes to Left Shoulder and Right Thigh

No longer was Her armor belt a little snug. Or Under it, her robe just a little curvier! As her under tunic, lays over her form, that was once much tighter than normal... Now flat and fit.
******
My family's business had been intact for years. Though most had no desire for our business, Though some sought it out and deemed it most necessary. Those which turned the self servant eyes had even called us Bounty Hunters, Mergences! As we saw it... We're just helping a Joe out!
My father had now ran the business for years and I had grown up in the middle of it. Now older his dealing were closer to home and I would seek the travel part upon the financial point of the business.
Now Far from home, on the business Of seeking a certain name, this time, to hopefully discuss employment, this new war had me scattering from one path to another, in search for the Man my father needed to see.
The chase had lead me across great waters, finally to a tiny Inn. But a few nights there show it was not a your ordinary Tavern. My time needed to be short. To the point. Quickly handled. To return home asap.
Then one evening Venturing down from my room for dinner I stood at the end of the bar for a cocktail while my food was being prepared and taking in the taverns nightly entertainment I hear a woman's voice say. Oh My my my, Milord Cendiirn, you certainly jest! I turned to see The Man I was sent to find...
Time had pasted rather fast though in these months this War had taking on a whole new meaning and I myself had still heard no word from my family. My life had change greatly and I now took on a new part since the Legion. I have had to learn to fight beyond my wits and learn the art of hand to hand war far and in this time here fates had also shown what my true path here was for.

The Lord Cendiirn and I had became close. The one I had been sent to hire, now had taking up my guardian ship and more..... We have never married. That part never seem to be able to be had nor the time..... yet we had found a quieter place we both could rest at and seek each other we called home. We called our sanctuary Darnassa..

Only to have at times to be called and need apart! Time seemed have stood still in this Absents during these times and ours letters traveled slow. Now with the rumors of the place we had settle into being destroyed, I needed to see him more than ever for one more meeting... *I look downward as I lay my hand over my dress*

And he came.
Upon my on return in the place we called home and looked out at the beautiful place that now was threated. It was so lovely. Peaceful. Quiet. He had choose wise to retain a home here for us. I head my name and I turned to the the Man I had said yes to but had never had before a priest! His eyes looked downward as he said...

Two months has been to long....
******
We kissed each other, laying their in each others arms, quietly looking out into the dark... The next few weeks we Remember. Laughed... cried... talked

Then News came. Our home would be going to war! We would look at each other as we quietly prepare our weapons and conveying with others to make ready, we knew When war breaks into our city, might be the last time we see each other...

The night it begin... We sat together. No words just sat. His arms around me and his hands over the top of the bump.... He speaks, and He Offred. Lets get you out of here. I smiled and said. that's not who we are. His hand lay protective over my growing tummy. Then he took my hand and slip on a Eternal Black Diamond. Ambassador Lord Cendiirn presented her a Eternal Black Diamond..

A tear slipped down my cheek quietly..
Again He says; Lets get you two out of here.
Again softly I looked downward and then back up smiling as my hand reached his cheek and said, that's not who WE are...
Last I heard was... 'But Milady… Then the Boom!
******
As I open my eyes I released my body hurt all over. I coughed a little bit as I slowly looked through hazzan heavy smoke mist. Suddenly I look over at the being next to me on a matching bed... Then look upward, My Hands go quickly to my tummy! I lay there quietly as tears begin to flow and slide down my cheeks! Because I knew!
Then there were voices standing above me, and like soft music drew my eyes. One more than others. She said to the other beautiful Valkyries! This one! I watched her point at me and say. Then I started coughing and I weakly reach up to mouth to cover and then see the blood in my hand. I look back up to the voices standing above me and then nothing but darkness as I swallowed hard...
*****
Later I would sit in front of a large dressing table and just look into the cracked mirror. Old burnt smoke still smelled here. I would touch my hair that was once lovely long now a bit dull. My eyes once sparkled now not so much. I was Gifted yet something taken. I was here, Yet Different!
*****
I stand up and picking up the garb laying out on the bed with a matching cloak begin to dress. I then place in a trunk the gifted Armor and Living Wand wrapped in velvet a trunk

Standing at the door I look around the room and turns and walked out. Standing at the front door, this place had been my home, had been ours for some many moons now. Now it smelled of emptiness more than burn wood. My journey sad with hate and lost of my child and husband by her...

I close the door and pull on my gloves and picking up my saddle bags and leave As i swore to never forget The night sky had filled with the sky with swirls of calamity. War cry's bellowed as thunder. And the lightening lite up the Battle Fields with the Sounds of Blood sweat and fight, keeping in turn with the STORM and yet we could not, I COULD NOT save her as we watched Her Burn!
******
I have A Past. A Bloody one, really." I've many scars." A long one. "They are dated." A Lonely one. I can't tell you how long I've been here. Here at what ever Traven Inn or Brothel I roam. Let's just say, every one of them here and in the surrounding lands know me by name and my drink of choice, and I have a standing sleep spot. And yeah I seemed to have running tab with them. But where ever I bounce their conversation always starts in some form of; Hmm, your back. With a nod, See ya took some hits this time. "They'll slide me my drink, while standing in front of me wiping down glasses or such, making small talk with me. Mainly they know me and my story, so they stay with me, Keeping my glass filled and if anyone starts my way, They get a warning to leave this one alone. Reaching over and refilling my mug, sitting the bottle down, I'll get a pat on the shoulder and be asked? Why you keep doing this to yourself ole gal. Find ya a man, set up plow here. With a smile and a squeeze to the shoulder and a sigh, they say. Your always home here Milady. Glad to see you made it home...
"Lowly under my breath, I respond under takin a drink."
This isn't my Home.

"Taking that drink, my mind screams"...
That was taking from me.
I stoke my rage with the burning embers of My home.
And I lost it. Heartbroken. Crushed. Defeated and Useless.
I felt I was no defender no longer
I had packed my Armor in a trunk and my Wand back in its Velvet.
So I will not live so I may forge more hate in the memories of that fire that took it from me.

SO I drink... I raise hell... I traveled to one Inn tavern brothel that would still have me. When I'm out of gold, Ill picked up a haunting skirmish. Or some quirky usually shady deal.

A normal set of patrons, Watches me. Regulars knew site of me. Also knew I didn't share my story with people. Just kept to myself mostly or the Keeper. Seemed spent a lot of time at the bar so the Keepers knew enough. As I pick up my drink, moving to my normal table, since it was open and closer to the fire, I sit it down and begin to mess with my make shift wrap to a deep cut to my arm that most likely needed a stitches. They asked out toward me; "WHY ye keep do this to your self honey?"

Looking over back at them, picking up my mug I finish off in one gup and say...

I have answered the call of Azeroth.
I have taken my armor from it's trunk and lifted my Wand from it's cradle and ventured deep into the bowels of the mountains to confront ancient elementals.
I have stood at the gates of Ahn'Qiraj to face the ancient onslaught of an Old God.
I traveled with my kin of Azeroth to face the demon legion and defied their crusade to end our world.
I have confronted the Frozen King on his unholy throne and saved Azeroth from a fate worse than death.
I have traveled through time with the shaman savior to craft a weapon to end the madness of the dragon aspect, Neltharion the Earth-Warder .
I have faced the Iron King and the corrupted usurper of the seat of the Warchief and saved Azeroth again.
I have ventured beyond my own shores to unite with long forgotten allies to once again defeat the corrupted horde and the Burning Legion.
I am thankful for these trials, for they have made me strong. They have forged my skills on the edge of death and given me the power that I will need.
I thought...
But then nothing prepares you for the lose of a home your life your family.
Nothing better than timed hate!
I nod to them politely in a gestured I was done talking as I pulled down my cloak hood low over my face and go back to drinking.

As the evening goes on and more enter, I hang my head and listen to the chatters. So much whispering and fear...
Shadowlands, Shadowlands, Shadowlands. Then a faint hushed words; Night Warrior of Elune! I quickly looked up, Her home burnt as mine. And Her Life Tree... Would it happen in all of Azeroth? I wondered if their whispers true..
Picking up the bottle, I nod to the keeper, Then staggered a bit upward to my usually rented room here. With a Shaking head as they wiped a mug out, They nodded back.
Closing and locking the door, I plunk down on the bed. I did not sleep this night for my visions, even drunk were of a pasted nightmare.

The next morning as requesting my balance, I get. Kind of leaving us rather soon this time Milady? I know. I pay my full debt. My boots clicked on the floor standing up. Walking toward the door, pulling on my cloak. He hugged me from behind, his face laying against the back of my head. He begins to inhale the scent of my hair. He let go as the gold rattled hard inside the pouch as it plunked as it was sat down on the side table. With a quiver in his voice; I've never asked you for pay. That's not what we've ever had? I know. My head drops as I close the door behind me. Downstairs our glasses "tink", as they hit together. The Madam of the Brothel asking, yet pointing out as well, goes, You and Stud have a tiff? Seems to me your heading out early this morning Milady? I know. I payed the Madam my full dues. Stroking the face of my mount, the elder holds the reins and says. Hasn't been stabled very long this time Milady? I give a good loving pat and say I know. I pay the stable master my Balance. With a quick mount, he hands up the reins. I nod. Turn and headed home...
******
I walk around slowly. My gloved hand runs across the suet that lies on the table. I throw my bags on the dirty bed and watch the dust mixed with ashes rise and realized I didn't even care as I hit the pelts that were folded at the end of the bed, and see the cloud of poof. My eyes quickly go to a large trunk against the wall. I duvet my look with a scoff almost turning to the Hearth. The burnt smoke smell still fill the air in my less that standing home. Its stint of rotting burnt wood still hang on yet gray and brittle woodworks, with the not so long ago flames. I remove my cloak plopping it down on a chair. Tossing my gloves right on top of that suet covered table and the dust rises quickly with the ashes. Throwing wood into a old rugged hearth, I bring forth a small fire. As if it needs anymore fire. Oddly I think as I pull a bottle from the shelve looking at it how none had broken Or how my place had not been vandalized and stripped after the war and fall of my home here. Gripping the cork between my teeth I pull it out spitting it to the ground. I look into the small flame and remember that night. And begin to drink. Taking long pulls from the bottle, my eyes go to the trunk. Back and forth for some time as I take in my fill of drink. I look back to the trunk once more. I walk over to it. Looking there covered in webs and dust. Kneeling, my hand dust off the dusty ashes and webs. I opened it look down to the folded cloth and armor bits and then I pick up the velvet wrapped long piece. I unwrap it slowly and sigh at its beauty. My Hand slowly caress it and I thought... I seek you once more old friend... And then say quietly aloud, all has once more changed with lands being filled with her hate again as that that night...

I've not told our story, since I put you away. I sealed it in my broken heart. With all the death and decay. I got to get this off my chest to let it go now. I need to take back the light inside what she stole that day. She's a criminal and steals like a pro. Out of the ashes, burning like a fire all peoples souls! The bytch is nothing but a liar! Gave me shame, gave me scars! For I could not save my home place that day even under the burning stars. Some I will never show!!! I realize now that I'm a survivor, In more ways than you know! There's a part of me I can't get back. All that was took from me and I'll never be the same. BUT Now I'm taking back my life today! Nothing left that she can do more, for All the pain and the truth, I've wore like a battle wound scars. I've been so ashamed, so confused. I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior. I've got thicker skin. I'm stronger than I've ever been. So once again stand with me so she can't never hurt another ever again!
We this time my friend, are The Storm. As I make this my promise...

No longer For the Alliance.
No longer For Azeroth.
Now it is for revenge.
I vow to pursue her and all that follow her. I will end those that gave her power and repair the veil between this world and the next.
But know this Banshee Queen....
I am coming for your head.


Now it Time for revenge
And Courage Is My Mastery over Fear!
*******
(All that I see or seem is but a dream within a dream. Edgar Alan Poe)
© Copyright 2017 Michele Orman (micheleorman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118215-Madamephryne