*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118117-Day-of-the-Troll
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by MDJ
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2118117
A boy living all alone in an abandoned town comes across an amulet and becomes a troll.

Day of the Troll


Max is a simple 7-year old boy that has a few perks in him. One of them he practices as a ritual of sorts. Every summer on the last day of school, he takes off his shoes and socks and walks home in pink and tender bare feet. He revels in the freedom from footwear until school comes in September. But since the town he lives in has been abandoned for one reason or another, which he still doesn't know, the freedom is permanent.


After all, who wouldn't want this, especially the young darkish blond boy wearing a striped red long sleeve shirt and light brown pants. He, however, never did find where everybody else went, and never even cares. The only thing that he cares about is running around town and having a good time. What he doesn't know is that the next few moments will be a bit peculiar.


He was in the middle of climbing up the apartment building where a few of his friends once lived. Believe it or not, he was at one point hypnotized into thinking he's a gorilla when he hears a peculiar sound. He would remain one for 5 minutes, which around that time he must hear that sound again. If not, he'll stay that way for an hour. During his trance he won't remember ever being a human and won't remember being a gorilla either upon waking from it.


After climbing on top he pounds his hands into his chest like a gorilla would. Then he walks as one around the roof where he finds a cable and uses it as a vine. When he gets down on the ground, that sound comes out and he's back to normal. Not remembering what he did previously, Max just simply runs around when out of the corner of his eye he spots something.


Shining from the corner of one of the buildings lies a gold locket. It has on the front an image of woods. Curious as he is in his age, Max puts it on around his neck. The moment he did so, his eyes glowed forest green for a second then drooped. His entire body stood there frozen, symbolizing a trance he's in.


It is then that his body inexplicably shakes all over. Then all of a sudden his skin becomes forest green along with his hair. Then after that, the nails on his hands and feet become razor sharp claws. Every single one of his teeth also became sharp, especially his canines. After that the muscles in his arms and legs bulge a bit.


When it's all over, all that is left is his mind. Every single human thought, instinct, memory, and ideas Max had are replaced with ones that fit the new body of his. By the time it's all complete, all that remains standing is a troll, in body and mind. The new troll is even more carefree than ever, as it runs around even faster. The troll named Max now lives in the deserted town without anyone around for the rest of his days.

© Copyright 2017 MDJ (mdjohns at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://p15.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118117-Day-of-the-Troll